Dean Domingo attitude adjustment

Sithicus

Hello guys!

Is there a way (either by console command or mod) to change the outcome of the final meeting with Dean Domingo? I've picked [barter] option instead of following him when I was recruiting the guy which apparently bruised his ego. This has forced me to kill him to resolve Curtain Call at the Tampico quest. I really don't feel starting over the Dead Money to get on his good side. There must be some sort of counter thing that keeps track whether I've hurt his feeling during the recruitment or when asking or forcing him to connect those power cables. I'd appreciate any help or ideas to solve this little problem.

Edited by Sithicus

I just finished Dead Money tonight after 3 days of intense gameplay and I ended up having to kill him myself as well.

But check out the Fallout wiki:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Dean

That lists all his info and the quests (with walkthroughs) he is related/attached to and perhaps that might help.

Edited by enclave1488

In Order to avoid killing Dean, the player MUST agree with working for Dean in their initial meeting, otherwise the player will 'insult his ego'. Any kind of confrontational speech with him should be avoided throughout the DLC, this includes telling him about the bomb collar (possible bug).

to remedy this if you are later in the game... use console command just before starting his last mission (Curtain Call at the Tampico) or just before you get to sierra madre theater room...

write: (xx is number of load order dead money in FOMM)

PRID xx001309

moveto player (now he appear near you wherever you are)

rdf (for reset his dialogue)

now talk to him... doing this you will be able resetting the dialogue from first time you met him... now you can talk to him more friendly and at the end of the mission Curtain Call Tampico you can team up with him... without killing him! :thumbsup:

Does rdf command causes only Dean dialog to restart? I must have done something wrong as every single NPC has his dialogue restarted

You had to press rdf only when domino was selected in the top center of the screen!! or you had press rdf xx00139 if you did it in general (without domino selected)... so now you have reset all NPC in the game!! I'm sorry for not told you this... :confused: but it seemed obvious to me!! however, I also the first time I made this mistake but did not affect my game! you just repeat some dialogues with NPC... but it will not affect any mission or any NPC!! :thumbsup:

No problem, I've saved just before attempting your fix so no permanent harm done :)

Ah ok! :thumbsup:

However, dont worry if you not saved because you havent permanent damage to the game! Apart repeat some questions to NPC... Indeed for me (I now play with press rdf general) its better because i can repeat some eloquence challenge (I was lost) for extra XP!! :smile: