New Install Issue

CHASE6

Hi All,

After years of playing Oblivion from retail CD, I recently purchased the Steam verison and am having two small issues I'm hoping someone can help me with. I enter dialogue with NPCs in first person mode, but upon exiting the dialogue I am forced into third person, everytime. Also, even if I save and quit in first person, when I load the same save, I am in third person.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Update;

Through running Oblivion with all plugins disabled and starting a new game, I've found that these issues are not caused by a running .esp.

I've also sound that the fov is locked really close up and neither changing it in the .ini or console makes a difference.

If anyone has any ideas about what may be causing these camera anomolies, please let me know.

Is it possible that there is an issue with the Steam version? I've never had issues like this with the disc version.

Thanks

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I did some more digging and I came across a post saying that OR can impact the camera. So, I disabled the CameraMode in its .ini and all the issues were fixed. I then installed Enhanced Camera and that worked just fine. I am still confused a bit, though, becuase I used OR's default settings with my old install and had no camera issues. I hope this information helps anyone else in the same spot.