Skyrim age rating?

Amoramor

So, how do you think it will be rated? I know this won't be a problem to most Nexus-members, but it will be for us minor members.

In Europe, or at least in northern Europe we use the PEGI-system, which goes like 3, 7, 12, 16 and 18.

Personally I hope it won't be rated 18 (or M in America), because that way I'm not getting the game that easily, since I'm a minor.

There were some really brutal-looking finishing moves and assassinations in the trailer, so it might as well be rated 18... besides, nowadays about two out of three games that come out are 18, since it's possible to make them so bloody and brutal.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the trailer, M at least! If they have the blood splatter and the dragon-melting, soul-capture thing, may be even higher if that exists(x)?

M for sure. I found it quite humorous that Oblivion was rated M for things such as "drug use" and "sexual content." Skooma and that one quest in Anvil really shouldn't count towards the M rating; the blood however. . .

PEGI 16 probably, the limit for 18 game content seems to be dropping constantly. Most games with PEGI 18 actually actively encourage the high rating as it makes the game seem more edgy and whatnot.

Having said that, it really depends on the themes that Bethesda decide to explore in the game.. anyway I work in a GAME store in the UK and believe me when I say none of the staff would ID you if you were trying to buy an Elder Scrolls Game :biggrin:

I am 100% sure judging by the trailer that it will be rated ESRB M (17+) in the US and PEGI 18+ in Europe. The problem is game ratings are very general and don't really do a very good job describing the contents of a game. Oblivion was rated ESRB M and yet so was Gears of War, Grand Theft Auto, Leisure Suit Larry, and Condemned. Yet all of those games far exceeded Oblivion in the department of violence, sexual content, drug references, etc. If they rated games by some of the mods people make however I think we would have made store shelves... : p