Skyrim age rating?

Amoramor

Well, in the US people are desensitized from the overexposure of violence from the media, so it's no big deal. We just can't allow our children to be exposed to a naked breast, especially a cartoon video game breast .... (those are the worst kind btw), because seeing something like that could destroy their childhood, and we all know that a child's innocence is a precious, precious thing. :ermm:

That was funny.

18+ for some gore in battles, that's just ridiculous when many violent movies are 15+

I think the difference come from the participation of the player in the violence. 18+ sound probable.

Oblivion was rated ESRB M and yet so was Gears of War, Grand Theft Auto, Leisure Suit Larry, and Condemned. Yet all of those games far exceeded Oblivion in the department of violence, sexual content, drug references, etc.

The rating doesn't indicate the quantity, just the presence. If there is one boob hidden in a cave 150 km under a mountain only reachable with a code, there's still sexuality content for the guy who rates it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think they should take the severity of the nudity, violence, drug references and so forth into account, not just the presence.

If the worst you will see is fig leaves, undies or smooth featureless bodies (sometimes called "anime anatomy") then personally I wouldn't worry. I saw cartoons in fig leaves, towels, undies and censor soap bubbles/steam/random objects when I was under 10. This was in TV shows specifically aimed at pre-teen children.

Blood and guts, eh, well, games do not make kids without pre-existing issues violent. However, I do still think people have it backwards with being more worried about the pwecious babbies seeing a naked body than someone having their guts pulled out.

I'm 21. I played Doom, Quake, and similar games when I was a child. Coincidentally, I have also seen nude people, obviously. I'm not a perverted freak who wants to brutalize supermodels, as you can see. :rolleyes:

I saw the game at a Finnish game store available for pre ordering, and there was an image that could be the game cover, with age rating of 18. I'm not saying that it will be 18, but based on what people have written here about the possible game content and content seen in the trailer, it could be rated 18. Edited by mccrab

Although they may force it to be censored like they did in Left For Dead 2. Or Fallout 3. If that happens, I'm guessing NZ also gets the censored version? Although it'll most likely be R16 in NZ. I doubt it'd be as bad as a R18 (there are plenty worse games).

Morrowind was 12+ rated and Oblivion 17+. it's intersting to see the evoultion for the TES games.

I don't thing the game will be all audience. in the trailer, we can see the player cutting the throat of an opponent. at best, a 16+.

but i hope it will be a 18+, sorry for you, armorarmor, i bet you'll have to wait before buying it.

->LordFrostcraig i don't think it will be 21+, because many countries have majority at 18. and i think bethsda won't make several ratings.

here the european and american

Pegi europe rating

ESRB ratings

there's different ratings for other countries, like corea.

->Myriss censored how? it's not like mortal kombat, for example, which have very visible violence. but TES games don't have things like this. they can't change the blood color, or make the bandit not killed.

Ah yes, age rating, where nature is the enemy.

Blood is bad, why?! It is in everybody, and it keeps us alive. Death is natural too.

Same thing goes for nudity, everyone is nude, and people behave like it is a sotonic act.

I didn't want to get too much off topic sorry for that.

Skyrim will probably have 18+, I don't care I will still pick it up.

If they want to forbid underage people looking at blood, they can forbid us to watch at other people's fingernails. Same thing.

->Myriss censored how? it's not like mortal kombat, for example, which have very visible violence. but TES games don't have things like this. they can't change the blood color, or make the bandit not killed.

Personally I don't believe it would be censored, as the violence/themes are fairly benign when compared to several other games. If it was (hypothetically), they could still disable gore or lesson the severity of finishing moves.

Personally I don't believe it would be censored, as the violence/themes are fairly benign when compared to several other games. If it was (hypothetically), they could still disable gore or lesson the severity of finishing moves.

it won't because it can't be censored.

it's like if people wanted to forbid nudity mod for oblivion. there's no way to do that, luckyly.

even if there's no blood in skyrim, bethesda said there will be a construction set. so any form of censorship is impossible.

iv000, i never said bllod is bad. TES are not gore games, so they don't need a lot, but for other games which are made to have blood, who care?

i talked about MK because this game was censored a lot. it don't agree with that. just take a look at my avatar.

i just wanted to say i prefer a game with high level rating than a censored game. i'm adult and all i buy is bought willingly.

Skyrim's got natural looking women, and Bethesda is based in America.. I'd say 18+ ^^

We need more games made in Scandinavia guys! Full nudity and gore at 15+!! :P