Skyrim age rating?

Amoramor

iv000, i never said bllod is bad. TES are not gore games, so they don't need a lot, but for other games which are made to have blood, who care?

You got me wrong there.

I didn't reply to you, I meant overall that people think that blood is a bad thing, same goes for nudity.

While I am still onto this topic, I don't mean that spilling guts is natural or good, just that blood itself is natural.

Remember Spore? Yes, when the game was in beta it had blood, (a few splatters) but because the game would get a rating of 17+ (because of a few red textures) they removed the blood, now it has a rating of 12+.

That is just stupid.

And nudity! Everyone is nude, but no one above 18 is allowed to look at a virtual breast?

Nowadays some people need a sticker to warn them if they are allowed to play this or not?

Sorry for going too much off topic, but that just had to be said.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need more games made in Scandinavia guys! Full nudity and gore at 15+!! :P

Naked Scandinavian blondes covered in gore... it'd be the best selling game of the year, mark my words. :pinch:

Edited by GenocideLolita

It definately looks like it'll be M here in the states just look at how bloody the trailer was. How convenient that I turn 17 12 days prior to the release date. :devil:

Skyrim's got natural looking women, and Bethesda is based in America.. I'd say 18+ ^^

Are you sure? My copy of Demon's Souls says 17+ on it for "blood and violence" and I'm from Sweden, but I barely thought about the gore when I played it so it couldn't have been that bad.

Skyrim's got natural looking women, and Bethesda is based in America.. I'd say 18+ ^^

Are you sure? My copy of Demon's Souls says 17+ on it for "blood and violence" and I'm from Sweden, but I barely thought about the gore when I played it so it couldn't have been that bad.

It was just a joke. :P

It would have been like I said if the ratings was controlled by Scandinavians. :)

I don't mind if it is rated 18+. That way I know I'm not buying something geared at little kids anyway--I do obviously play some things just for laughs, but in a RPG I like to see some slightly more "grown up" themes, and I am not talking about sex or perversions. I'm talking about things that small children won't understand at all.

I would say PEGI 16+. For example in fable you are able decapitate people, play football (soccer) with their heads, and then fart and burp and vomit over their corpses (if you have enough beer), and it was rated PEGI 16+.

Something of note to remember is that Oblivion was rated T for Teen by the ESRB upon launch. It wasn't until a modder realized that toggling a switch in the game that they could remove underwear that the ESRB freaked out and changed the rating to M for all systems, including the systems on which modding was not even an option. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, there was blood, mild language, innuendo etc. I don't know that I've seen anything in trailers so far that's a straight-shot for an M rating, though I would like it to be released for M audiences if only so the dialog doesn't get held back by the rating. As far as things like blood and gore... I'm sure my modders here will keep me well taken care of. :thumbsup:

Something of note to remember is that Oblivion was rated T for Teen by the ESRB upon launch. It wasn't until a modder realized that toggling a switch in the game that they could remove underwear that the ESRB freaked out and changed the rating to M for all systems, including the systems on which modding was not even an option. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, there was blood, mild language, innuendo etc. I don't know that I've seen anything in trailers so far that's a straight-shot for an M rating, though I would like it to be released for M audiences if only so the dialog doesn't get held back by the rating. As far as things like blood and gore... I'm sure my modders here will keep me well taken care of. :thumbsup:

http://www.megagames.com/news/oblivion-rating-changed-t-m it also had more blood and gore then the ESRB thought which was the other reason it was changed