Enb doesn't work on Windows 10

hello I upgraded my os to windows 10 today and I found that enb doesn't work

contrary to Skyrim, game works fine.

I'm sure that it is have to do with recent upgrade, but I don't know how to fix this

does anyone have same symptom and know how to fix?

If there, I really appreciate.

Edited by Guest

So I kept digging, and found a better solution (I think).

As background, I'm running on an HP envy m7, with a NVidia 840m gpu. For me, the issue ended up being that DirectX 12 was only using the integrated gpu, not the 840m. The integrated gpu grinds to a halt when it gets to ENBSeries, causing CTD. I eventually found that in the NVidia control panel I could specify the 840m, which I did for everything related to Skyrim. I attached a picture of the NVidia control panel for reference. Sorry, can't help out if you have an AMD or something else.

My assumption here is DirectX 12 is handling switching differently to try to help conserve power, and isn't recognizing until it's too late that the integrated gpu just isn't up to the task.

I hope this helps.

So I kept digging, and found a better solution (I think).

As background, I'm running on an HP envy m7, with a NVidia 840m gpu. For me, the issue ended up being that DirectX 12 was only using the integrated gpu, not the 840m. The integrated gpu grinds to a halt when it gets to ENBSeries, causing CTD. I eventually found that in the NVidia control panel I could specify the 840m, which I did for everything related to Skyrim. I attached a picture of the NVidia control panel for reference. Sorry, can't help out if you have an AMD or something else.

My assumption here is DirectX 12 is handling switching differently to try to help conserve power, and isn't recognizing until it's too late that the integrated gpu just isn't up to the task.

I hope this helps.

I'm using gtx970, but I can't find that "auto-select" thing.

maybe I should install Windows7 later.

thanks again for the reply :)

• 4 weeks later...