Skyrim Weapon Replacing

Koori254

I'm trying to replace certain weapons in game with weapons I've found from mods, in an attempt to make every unique weapon in the game ACTUALLY look unique. However I can't figure out how to do that. I found something that's supposed to explain it, but it doesn't really make sense to me. Would anyone be willing to help me figure this out?

What is it you found? what doesn't make sense?

To replace the models of weapons that don't use unique models, you need ck, just need to find the 1st person object (under statics) called and then the model of the weapon in the art and sound tab of the weapon object. But where do you get stuck or what's not working?

Edited by FrankFamily

Well I found a video tutorial, so I figured out what I need to do to replace meshes, but now the problem is I can't find meshes of some of the weapons I want to replace. I'm uncertain how to replace the unique weapons that share models with other swords. For example, the sword Eduj. It shares a mesh with the Ancient Nord Sword or the Nord Hero Sword, depending on the level the sword is found at. I want to replace the mesh for that sword so it looks unique, but I don't want to change the mesh for the Ancient Nord Swords or the Nord Hero Swords. So how do I replace the mesh for just Eduj?

You need to extract the meshes you would like to use from the bsa. that the mesh is found in. Then create a folder structure in your mesh folder in the Skyrim data folder. After this is done, load up the Skyrim Creation Kit and open the weapon and find where it stores its meshes for that weapon. Once you find them, open them up and point to the meshes you placed in your new custom folder you created. You will need to make a 1st person object as well, as weapons need this for them to work correctly. It's easy, all you need to do is find all the 1st weapon objects in the CK and duplicate one or however many you need and edit once again to point to your 1st person mesh in your folder. That should be it :) Save your new file, and your done.

Okay, so here's what I've done so far. I've gone into CK, found the entry for Eduj, and changed the model to the one I wanted to use. The problem is I can't find the first person NIF file in the list I have to choose from, nor can I find a DDS file for the Inventory Image. The mod I got the model I'm replacing the vanilla model with doesn't seem to have any sort of DDS files. I'm pretty sure the person made the models by taking parts from other meshes and putting them together. So how do I add the proper first person view, and how do I get a DDS for this NIF file?

For the first person model, just reuse the nif. your using, for that part. For the DDS. file, if you said it's using vanilla nifs., you'll need NifSkope to add all the DDS. files to it and by opening it in NifSkope, you will see what DDS. files are used. All you need to do at this point is, extract the DDS. files from the BSA. and put them in a texture folder inside "textures" in the Data folder for Skyrim, open the nif. in NifSkope and assign them under all the "TextureSet" Blocks and save.

Wait, no need for inventory image in skyrim, if the model you are using for replacing eduj was made by merging multiple meshes using vanilla textures (so it doesnt include any dds file) no problem, there no need to mess with nifskope or te texture sets either.

On ck on the object window theres a filter box, write 1st there and it should filter so that you see all first person models, change its id name and save it, it will ask if you want to make a new object (since youve changed the id) say yes.

Now edit it and change its model to the same you linked in the art and sound section of the weapon, your new model.

Now go to eduj and just below where you choose the model point it to your new first person model, done.

So the weapon links to a model and a first person static that links to the same model, sounds weird but thats it.

Edited by FrankFamily