MUST HAVE PATCHES, FIXES, ETC.!

Bellthazarr

Whats up guys,

I'm looking for Patches, Fixes, updates, etc. That will better stabilize Skyrim. I'm ONLY looking for proven stable, and most mod compatible. The ONLY thing I have done to my Skyrim is add -

SKSE v1.7.3 ( I can't find .ini other than skse_1_07_03.ini which im sure isn't what I need )

SkyUI5

Update

Unofficial Update Skyrim

Unofficial Update Harthfire

Unofficial Update Dawnguard

Unofficial Update Dragonborn

Unofficial Update High-Def textures

High-Def texture

Harthfire

Dawnguard

Dragonborn

Alternate Start - Live another Life

Everything else is Vanilla, and all I did was install those mods into nexus - didn't mess with anything else.

I need to figure out 1) if I need to patch memory through SKSE and 2) How to do it if so.

Thanks ahead of time guys!

Well that wasn't just an asshole thing to do xD

Yeah, thanks - but I've to those pages, quite a few time lol.

I'm looking more for actual player advice.

ENBoost, HDT Physics Mempatch, Cell Stablizer & NIOverride are good to have.

Once you've identified your minimum framerate (mine, funnily enough, is ~32fps with an ENB and tripled spawns), use a program to set Skyrim to that framerate (such as RadeonPro, don't use ENB's built in fps limiter; it causes stutter for some people, me being one of them) and then edit Skyrim.ini:

[General]

iFPSClamp=30

For me, I limited my framerate to 30fps, and set iFPSClamp to the same value. iFPSClamp will get rid of the 64hz bug (also known as microstutter, which was fixed in Oblivion/Fallout3/New Vegas via the Stutter Remover mods, due to them replacing iGetTickCount with GetTime), at the cost of making the game run faster/slower if the framerate rises/drops over/under the specified framerate.

I found that Skyrim, @ 30fps with iFPSClamp @ 30, feels as smooth as 40-45 fps without iFPSClamp.

The easiest way to make sure you have the right SKSE.ini settings is to use Sagittarius22's SKSE ini pre-download for lazy users. It enables the memory patch, script registration cleaning, and extra startup diagnostics.

Many people love ENBoost but it brings my (low-end) system to a crawl instead of helping. My system is CPU limited and ENBoost optimizes memory use at the expense of CPU performance. You want your FPS as close to 60 as you can get it for optimal script performance and my system doesn't go much over 30 FPS even without ENBoost.

The easiest way to make sure you have the right SKSE.ini settings is to use Sagittarius22's SKSE ini pre-download for lazy users. It enables the memory patch, script registration cleaning, and extra startup diagnostics.

Many people love ENBoost but it brings my (low-end) system to a crawl instead of helping. My system is CPU limited and ENBoost optimizes memory use at the expense of CPU performance. You want your FPS as close to 60 as you can get it for optimal script performance and my system doesn't go much over 30 FPS even without ENBoost.

Or just read the "what's new.txt" in skse archive. Asshole thing to do...yep. That's what I was aiming for. :armscrossed:

The SKSE team is great but frankly their documentation about the SKSE.ini file is terrible. The ReadMe file tells you where to put it but doesn't include anything about what it should look like. And the WhatsNew listing may work if you're an experienced user upgrading SKSE, but for a new user it's almost worthless.

I normally believe in telling people to read the documentation but in this case something else is needed. I really wish the SKSE team would at least put a sample SKSE.ini file somewhere in the documentation or at least describe all of the ini options in the ReadMe.

Ok. Here's everything, with no documentation, a template as one might say:

[Loader]
RuntimeName=TESV.exe
[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
EnableDiagnostics=1
[Debug]
WriteMinidumps=0
[interface]
EnableContainerCategorization=1
[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048
[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=512
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

AFAIK, runtime could possible mean using another game profile for runtime...

ClearInvalidRegistrations...no reason not to have this set to "1", it clears scripts invalided registers, scripts that are somehow not updating properly or have been removed.

EnableDiagnostics...simple pop-ups for missing master etc, so far, during game loading process.

Writeminidumps...is useful for modders and skse team for debugging

Edited by MotoSxorpio