In a World...

Thunderfist12

Sorry if I leap from topic to topic, I'm trying to make this a (relatively) short post.

Not so much of a REQUEST as CALL FOR MODDERS. Know that this is a very rough idea, and will mostly be determined by the feedback of anyone interested.

So the basic idea is a new world mod for a post-apocalyptic / return-to-medieval / survivalist / horror / call-of-cthulhu style world. What follows below is a very disordered (sorry!) and vague (sorry again!) concept that I want to use - a Call of Cthulhu setting where the Old Ones have ALREADY returned - almost a thousand years ago...

To put down the basics, the Old Gods returned 928 years ago, and the world went to Hell after that. Most of humanity was destroyed. Great cities fell. Vile creatures took to the shadows. Mad Magic returned. The world was left wild, and the dark forests which humanity had spent eons tearing apart have covered the world once more.

The focus land is to be Edgeland (a degenerated name of England), in the town of Landing (a degenerated name of London). The land is rife with ruin, blanketed in a wild, untameable forest. Ancient gods sleep in the deep places of the Earth, and foul, maddening beasts lurk in the dark. What remains of humanity fights to survive, roaming in long caravan trains with the Geps (Gypsy-like scavengers), clinging to life in the Wild, or streaming through the streets of Landing.

The races of the setting would be (subject to change) Edgelander (human of Edgeland), Rossi (human of Rossi), Eden (human of Eden), Gep (human wanderers of Auro, to the south, and Edgeland), Robot (a remnant of the Old People), and Godstouched (mutated and tentacle-y). I would like to add in a class system to the race bars - to be discussed if anyone signs on. The level of technology is a mixture of Slightly Past Modern (from the old people), Medieval-ish (from the new civilizations), and Scavenger (from the wild-dwelling folk). People still ride horses, and a fortunate few can get their hands on a working vehicle (we need to have re-feuling mechanics). Most people are armed with swords and hatchets, but it is still common to see weapons such as SMG's and shotguns (though even more advanced weapons, such as plasmatic ones, would be rare).

I want to give the world and storylines a very, very grim feel. The people within, to draw a parallel, should act similarly to those in Dark Souls - either insane or well near it, on the most part.

• 2 weeks later...

First answering nightinglae850:

While it might seem bad, I have no experience as of now. I'm sorry if that keeps potential partners in this project at bay, but i have little access to technology as of this year. I posted this in Mod Requests because I need people who know the software, who know the HOW of making the WHAT. If I knew how to do this, I would be doing it on my own (or at least starting it on my own).

Next answering Fenryr3001:

You're quite right. However, I think the Skyrim skillset would be more easily tweaked toward the set which will be implemented in this world (plus Skyrim already provides quite a few basic things upon which this mod will expand/implement, such as race selections), and theworld is much lusher and wilder than the wasteland of the Fallout series, making Skyrim a better base graphically.

If anyone is still interested, please reply.

• 1 month later...