Why would changing the colour parameter of a mesh component change the colour of all other similar meshes?

SpazmoJones

The SetScale3D function is how we "distort" the various Long War weapons in order to approximate the different shapes. All of the weapons have their x axis along the barrel, so at least it's consistent :).

The argument is a single Vector. The function I modded for this was XComUnitPawn.AttachItem, and the relevant hex snippet is :

//MeshComp.SetScale3D(m_vTurnInitialLocation)  // apply fixed-point non-proportional scaling
19 00 71 3E 00 00 13 00 00 00 00 00 00 1B ED 6E 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 D5 3B 00 00 16 

... The main pain would be to update the UI to make space for the extra setting.

Well -- haven't i offered you some indirect solution to somehow "compress" the Customization screen itself where *TWO* columns of independant spinners-sliders are being displayed?

Like this?

http://s18.postimg.org/mtc15twg9/ESC_Customize_Screen_Suggestion.png

If all hell breaks loose, you could stretch your luck with a *THIRD* tricky column... such Font sizing do matter too -- at times.

Yeah -i know-... SWF scripting and HUD stuff, nobody here ever claimed the proverbial UI Paradise (XCom2 unique color+pattern weapons, comes to mind) is easy to reach.

:D

Edited by Zyxpsilon