Path of Sorcery - Magic Perk Overhaul (WIP)

steelfeathers

Restoration is only 95% done because I haven't quite finished off all of the Patron God powers yet. So I guess it's more like 97% done.

And I'll think of something for Frenzy. I just need to play test a bit more with a warmonger build and figure what would really be useful for a character who uses Frenzy as a main part of their play style.

Also, FYI, testing is still ongoing for everything. So if anyone wants to help, post a comment and I'll send you a beta version. (hint hint)

If I have free time to beta test, I'll do it. Mostly because, well, I resumed college.

Also, for when it comes to the bonemen, mistmen and wrathmen from Dawnguard, do they benefit from the atromancy or the necromancy perks of Conjuration?

They don't benefit from any of the perks, because they aren't tagged as "elemental" or "familiar" summons, and because mechanically they are conjured rather than raised from the dead. So they don't can't benefit from either of the branches. (The necromancy perks, which are thematically appropriate, literally CANNOT be applied to conjured minions. It just isn't possible with the game engine, without also doing all sorts of screwy, unintended things)

I'll send you a beta test copy in a PM later.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Restoration is only 95% done because I haven't quite finished off all of the Patron God powers yet. So I guess it's more like 97% done.

And I'll think of something for Frenzy. I just need to play test a bit more with a warmonger build and figure what would really be useful for a character who uses Frenzy as a main part of their play style.

Also, FYI, testing is still ongoing for everything. So if anyone wants to help, post a comment and I'll send you a beta version. (hint hint)

If I have free time to beta test, I'll do it. Mostly because, well, I resumed college.

Also, for when it comes to the bonemen, mistmen and wrathmen from Dawnguard, do they benefit from the atromancy or the necromancy perks of Conjuration?

They don't benefit from any of the perks, because they aren't tagged as "elemental" or "familiar" summons, and because mechanically they are conjured rather than raised from the dead. So they don't can't benefit from either of the branches. (The necromancy perks, which are thematically appropriate, literally CANNOT be applied to conjured minions. It just isn't possible with the game engine, without also doing all sorts of screwy, unintended things)

I'll send you a beta test copy in a PM later.

I see. Anyway, I'll look forward to the moment I'll get the beta. I just need to make a new save using this mod, give myself all the perks (well, except the ones I can't have because specialization) and try it all out. As long as college and work does not get in the way.

Edited by AfroGamerNinja

I would also like to help you with beta testing. It sounds great so far. Is there anything you would like to test specifically, or something you've already tested. Btw, I was a little disappointed, that there are no plague oriented perks in the restoration tree, because I really like the plague spells from Lost Grimoire.

I love the telepathy and mind control abilities in Illusion, and they're really fun to use, but I have a suggestion. Using FNIS, could you possibly make an animation where the PC touches their left temple with two fingers, (like X-men) and outstretches their right arm? That would be awesome!

Glad to hear it's working well for you. :)

But no new animations, sorry.

If anyone is interested in my progress, I've finished verifying the Alteration, Conjuration, and Illusion schools. Everything in there is working as it should. Only three more branches to go, and the mod will be ready to roll out.

(The only thing I realized is that people might have problems if they have another mod that replaces vanilla things with custom items - like the bound weapons - that have new Form ID's. I ran across that myself).

If anyone is interested in my progress, I've finished verifying the Alteration, Conjuration, and Illusion schools. Everything in there is working as it should. Only three more branches to go, and the mod will be ready to roll out.

(The only thing I realized is that people might have problems if they have another mod that replaces vanilla things with custom items - like the bound weapons - that have new Form ID's. I ran across that myself).

Does that include the bonus for specializing in Frenzy spells in the Illusion tree?