1 files failed to validate and will be reacquired: Again!

jallard

I don't want to continue beating the same proverbial dead horse, but honestly this is beyond ridiculous. I spent all of last night reformatting my hard drive and putting everything back. Yet, even after that, the same crap it is still happening with FNV/Steam. Prior to reformatting my hard drive I could never validate the game. I was all ways getting, "I files failed to validate and will be reacquired....?!?" Add to that the constant crashes after more than twenty minutes or more of play time; followed by never seeing the enemy until they were right in my face. Meanwhile, my companions were shooting at them oh, so long before I could see them myself.

After getting all of Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit installed and thoroughly updated –with over 80 updates—along with both my Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme sound card and my XFX ATI Radeon HD 6850 video card thoroughly updated, I installed both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas first: apparently to no avail however. I say that because the moment that Fallout New Vegas was installed I went to Steam and clicked on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache." And, lo-and-behold I received the following message: "I files failed to validate and will be reacquired."

It boggles the mind: especially, because no one has an answer!?! Steam passes the buck by claiming that it is a 3rd party issue and the third party, being Bethesda, places the problem with end user. No one has and honest and straightforward answer, to these issues!?! And, neither Steam nor Bethesda are working on fixing them. Prove me wrong people? Prove me wrong?

From what I've read on the Beth forum that 1kb file that always fails to download is of no importance. Other members have stated that many Steam games have this issue (though other than NV I've never experienced it). Honestly, I don't bother validating the archive anymore.

Than again I haven't played NV in months due to the save corruption issue.

I don't want to continue beating the same proverbial dead horse, but honestly this is beyond ridiculous. I spent all of last night reformatting my hard drive and putting everything back. Yet, even after that, the same crap it is still happening with FNV/Steam. Prior to reformatting my hard drive I could never validate the game. I was all ways getting, "I files failed to validate and will be reacquired....?!?" Add to that the constant crashes after more than twenty minutes or more of play time; followed by never seeing the enemy until they were right in my face. Meanwhile, my companions were shooting at them oh, so long before I could see them myself.

After getting all of Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit installed and thoroughly updated –with over 80 updates—along with both my Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme sound card and my XFX ATI Radeon HD 6850 video card thoroughly updated, I installed both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas first: apparently to no avail however. I say that because the moment that Fallout New Vegas was installed I went to Steam and clicked on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache." And, lo-and-behold I received the following message: "I files failed to validate and will be reacquired."

It boggles the mind: especially, because no one has an answer!?! Steam passes the buck by claiming that it is a 3rd party issue and the third party, being Bethesda, places the problem with end user. No one has and honest and straightforward answer, to these issues!?! And, neither Steam nor Bethesda are working on fixing them. Prove me wrong people? Prove me wrong?

Here's an interesting tidbit, in regards to not seeing the enemy before they start peppering you with bullets: I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled again without mods added; and began a vanilla game. I went down to the railroad tracks where I know that there are two Powder-gangers always standing. As I came up over that small crest in the tracks, I began to get peppered with bullets and there was no one visibly in front of me --that is to say, until I took several more steps toward where I knew they'd be, suddenly they spawned and I could see them. By then I was at 50% health because of it. Obviously it has nothing to do with any mods that I have used, or will use going forward. Now, I am wondering if it could have anything to do with my graphic settings?

Resolution: 1920 X 1080

Antialiasing: 2 samples

Anisotropic Filtering: 2 samples

Screen Effects: HDR

It seems apprent to me, at least, that Fallout 3 is a more stable game than Fallout New Vegas. I have played Fallout 3 with over 40 mods installed --with very little problems -- unlike with Fallout New Vegas. Again, it boggles the mind.

Here's an interesting tidbit, in regards to not seeing the enemy before they start peppering you with bullets: I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled again without mods added; and began a vanilla game. I went down to the railroad tracks where I know that there are two Powder-gangers always standing. As I came up over that small crest in the tracks, I began to get peppered with bullets and there was no one visibly in front of me --that is to say, until I took several more steps toward where I knew they'd be, suddenly they spawned and I could see them. By then I was at 50% health because of it. Obviously it has nothing to do with any mods that I have used, or will use going forward. Now, I am wondering if it could have anything to do with my graphic settings?

Resolution: 1920 X 1080

Antialiasing: 2 samples

Anisotropic Filtering: 2 samples

Screen Effects: HDR

It seems apprent to me, at least, that Fallout 3 is a more stable game than Fallout New Vegas. I have played Fallout 3 with over 40 mods installed --with very little problems -- unlike with Fallout New Vegas. Again, it boggles the mind.

Another mindless response from the bowls of Bethesda's hired tech support firm --call center:

"Hello,

MY coworker the other day asked you to update your graphics card's driver, after reformatting, did you install the driver from the disk or the website? If you installed it from the disk, please head here http://support.amd.c...ages/index.aspx to download then install the most recent driver.

Your customer number is 400659507

Please refer to case #:: 401665650 if you have any further questions.

If you need further assistance, you can also reach us online at http://support.bethsoft.com or our technical support staff at (410)-568-3685. Please include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

Best Regards,

Matthew A. at Bethesda Softworks Technical Support

[email protected]"

As if I didn't know that already?!? Having been one I know about the mindless point-and-click email responses.