Witcher 3 modding tools released with NMM support

TheTokenGeek

Robin is currently away on holiday so he's asked me to post this for him today on his behalf:

We're massive fans of CD Projekt Red here at the Nexus. Not only do they make awesome games like The Witcher 3, but they've consistently shown themselves to be champions of PC gaming above and beyond any other major game developers or publishers out there. And most importantly, they show this in their actions, not hollow words and unfulfilled promises. DRM free games, huge free "Enhanced Edition" patches to their games, free DLC (let's acknowledge how awesome that is in this day and age of "season passes" for DLC...), modding tools, and the list goes on.

So it was a real honour when a few weeks ago the folks over at CDProjekt Red got into contact with me about the (then) upcoming release of The Witcher 3 modding tools. They very kindly gave us a heads up about their plans and gave us access to a beta version of the tools so that we could update our Nexus Mod Manager to support mods made using the tools in time for their launch.

That launch is today and CDProjekt Red have annonced the launch of their modding tools. We have updated NMM to version 0.56 which includes the Witcher 3 modding support as well as fixes and optimisations for Windows 10 users of NMM. You'll need to update NMM to make use of this new functionality.

You can download the modding tools directly from our servers (no need to login to the sites to download) which also contains an official quick start guide and a sample mod creation walkthrough from CDProjekt RED.

Download the latest MODkit (1.3)

They've also provided 4 samples mods that relate to the modding guides included in the ModKit setup package but also that anyone can use. Because the ModKit uses a specific folder in the Witcher 3 game folders for mods made with the ModKit, NMM will only work with mods made with the ModKit (so any mods made up until now for The Witcher 3 won't work with NMM). If you want to use mods made before the ModKit was released, or that do things outside of the ModKit's remit, then NMM will not be able to install these mods.

Please get in contact with us if you run in to any problems with getting Witcher 3 mods made with the ModKit to work with NMM and we'll get a hotfix out ASAP!

We look forward to seeing some great new mods for The Witcher 3 using the official ModKit.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #27829390. #27829540 is also a reply to the same post.

Oubliette wrote:

HYYYYYYPE!!

edit: where can I find NMM?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/modmanager/?

thibaudv wrote: I guess it hasn't been updated yet then, it doesn't support Witcher 3 yet

Being uploaded right this second. :D

In response to post #27829390. #27829540, #27829585 are all replies on the same post.

Oubliette wrote:

HYYYYYYPE!!

thibaudv wrote: I guess it hasn't been updated yet then, it doesn't support Witcher 3 yet
BlindJudge wrote: Being uploaded right this second. :D

Yeah. Let's hope it gets the update soon-ish

In response to post #27829390. #27829540, #27829585, #27829650 are all replies on the same post.

Oubliette wrote:

HYYYYYYPE!!

BlindJudge wrote: Being uploaded right this second. :D
GreeN_03 wrote: Yeah. Let's hope it gets the update soon-ish

awesome :D