Witcher 3 modding tools released with NMM support

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #28096459.

BaroqueWolf wrote: NMM won't automatically detect my Witcher 3 Installation(via Steam).

THIS.
If we'd get Witcher 3 support for NMM all'd be fine.
Though I'm not finding too much trouble installing mods manually, either.
I tried installing this mod kit earlier today but ran into problems because I am no expert in these things, nor am I looking to create mods. I only want a mod manager for Witcher 3. Edited by skyscap3r

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep getting an error saying that it's unable to open Collision cache file in the command prompt window whenever I type the "wcc_lite uncook..." lines. I'm on Windows 10.

problem solved...I believe the issue was that I had GOG galaxy running. I closed it and suddenly everything seems to be uncooking. lol!

Edited by Hazevamp

• 2 weeks later...

I think we'll be needing a new source of v1.10 scripts for the modkit.

EDIT: Quoting KNGR here's my guess check \content0\scripts it should hold all the new scripts, 100% sure that there are some leftovers from 1.08 that cause this. I had the same problem.

Download this: http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/Hxoh07Rl/file.html

and replace the <scripts> folder from the archive with the one found in YourWitcher3Directory\content\content0\ -> scripts

Edited by setiweb

In response to post #28567749.

KageSama19 wrote: Either this is not intended for people without a background in game programming, or this modkit doesn't work. Possibly both. Seeing as how the "tutorials" and just command lines with no prior instructions on what to do with anything, I am assuming the first is definitely true.

It works, and no prior game programming is required, eveything is explained in the pdf included in the kit. When they say "launch with the appropriate arguements" that means when you open wcclite.exe you need to enter what it tells you to enter in the pdf.

• 2 weeks later...
In response to post #28721374.

Maxoujuan wrote:
Hello!
I am creating a uncook game but it does not.
Here is my command line:
"F: \ Games \ Witcher 3 Mod Tools \ bin \ x64 \ wcc_lite.exe" uncook -indir = F: \ Games \ GalaxyClient \ Games \ The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt \ content -outdir = F: \ Games \ Uncooked \ - imgfmt = dga
Wcc-lite starts but immediately closes.
What do you think?
Note that I began ^^ '.
Thank you!!!

Reinstall Modkit (default path C:\Program Files (x86)), create a .bat file format and use this code:

cd /d C:\Program Files (x86)\Witcher 3 Mod Tools\bin\x64

call wcc_lite.exe uncook -indir="F:\Games\GalaxyClient\Games \The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content" -outdir=F:\Games\Uncooked\ -skiperrors -imgfmt=tga

pause Edited by tnq33

• 1 month later...

Ive never had this problem with other games.. I am trying to use NMM ver 56, and after installation, scanning games (Witcher 3 IS detected), trying to run the NMM with W3 i get the following.

"Unable to get permissions for:c:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Witcher3\Install Info"

What can be done to get this to work?

Edit: Actually, its doing the samer thing for all my games.. (all in Steam).. This is wierd..

Edited by rizilliant

Hmm... I must be doing something wrong. :/... I am currently going through the guide however when I start wcc_lite like the guide tells me the command prompt stays blank for about 30 seconds or so and flashes this error message for about a half second then shuts off. https://gyazo.com/b3174bed1f0a0f5833c0dae117352fd4 this is what I am seeing. Perhaps I am missing something.

• 3 weeks later...
In response to post #31503470.

rizilliant wrote:

Ive never had this problem with other games.. I am trying to use NMM ver 56, and after installation, scanning games (Witcher 3 IS detected), trying to run the NMM with W3 i get the following.

"Unable to get permissions for:c:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Witcher3\Install Info"

Edit: Actually, its doing the samer thing for all my games.. (all in Steam).. This is wierd..

you need to run it as admin

In response to post #31503470. #32516070 is also a reply to the same post.

rizilliant wrote:

sonofhimlen wrote: you need to run it as admin

run nmm as admin and this won't happen anymore

• 2 weeks later...
Hello people, I installed this kit and tried to open wcc_lite, even as admin, but nothing happens, the programm stands all black and i cannot write anything in it... then some scrolling scripts appear and suddenly the program shuts off... what is this problem?