Please help with Minecraft mods

Lisnpuppy

Ok guys...I just started messing with this a few days ago as a friend wanted me to help him leggo land some stuff.

Of course I see the texture replacers and mods so I try. I can get the textures to work fine but NO MODS!! Not..one...single..one will work. I have followed the directions to the "T" (at least I think so) I have surfed forums and webs...watched you tube videos.

Finally I uninstalled Minecraft and started from scratch. I have the latest beta, I DL mods from the list on One Stop Shop for that version of the beta...I decided to try just one..that had no other requirements. It was the mod that puts a clock at the top.

So it was one items to put in the minecraft jar file..it was one single .class item.

Still didn't show up in game. I didn't get a black screen...not with anything I tried to use..never a crash. They simply just do not show up.

I have run the .exe as admin (I have Vista) and nothing. Its driving me batty. Can anyone clue me in? (and yes I delete that meta file or whatever it is also lol)

PULEEZE HELPS MEH!

Thanks in advance for not yelling at me that I am dumb (as many on the Minecraft forums do..thus my posting here)

There is a mod loader that you need to install first for most mods to work, called Risugami's mod loader I think.

And also if you use a texture pack, and patch it with MC patcher, that clears out the other files in the minecraft.jar. So you must install the texture pack first, or it will erase any other mods you installed.

So basically the order is:

1. Texture pack with MC patcher

2. Install Mod loader

3. Install your other mods.

If you do that, you should have no problems.

There is a mod loader that you need to install first for most mods to work, called Risugami's mod loader I think.

And also if you use a texture pack, and patch it with MC patcher, that clears out the other files in the minecraft.jar. So you must install the texture pack first, or it will erase any other mods you installed.

So basically the order is:

1. Texture pack with MC patcher

2. Install Mod loader

3. Install your other mods.

If you do that, you should have no problems.

That mod loader is a requirement for lots of files. They are all .class and from the directions they all go in the bin/minecraft.jar folder. I will try it again and see...I have the texture packs installed that I want so I wont add any more of those.

I have reloaded this thing a million times and I can't figure it out.

I don't know how to tell you what I am doing. I have tried files that only have one thing in the to see if they would work. Even without needing the modloader...and nothing. I am ready to rip my hair out!! A completely cleam .jar and nothing!

What info can I give here for you guys maybe to help me? I know file structures...so I am not an idiot its soooo weird.

And the texture packs are working fine..including the fix for HD ones. They show up in the little list and everything. Its just the game changing mods that wont work.

OK..so I will be back after trying again! I feel like such a dumb butt! :blink:

What software are you using to add the .class files to the jar archive? You could try using a different one, such as IZarc or 7-zip, to see if that works. It could be the files aren't being added properly for some reason.

EDIT: Just realised this thread is a bit old. Serve me right for not checking here often, I guess :P

Edited by The_Terminator

I also have a similar issue with mods. I have installed all the correct mods using the TFC mod manager and non of the mods showed up in the game or any of the files in my minecraft.jar folder. Then I tried to manually place everything. I had done this before in beta 1.2 and it worked but now there is the GU Api thing and I am not sure where to put it. I have it right now in my minecraft.jar folder and every time I open minecraft the screen freezes at an image saying download complete. The game works fine once I delete my bin folder, but I really want to add mods and have now idea how to on beta 1.3

• 3 months later...
I know this topic is a couple months old, but I stumbled on it while trying to solve an issue I'm having. But I did notice something in the last post. You say it freezes at "Download Complete"? It sounds like you have force update on or something. With force update it updates to the newest version and cleans out all your mods and patches. So it could be freezing there because it clears the patch while trying to load an HD texture pack? Just an idea why none of your mods work or anything. Because they're gone by the time you load the game. =)