SKSE annoyance.

Oskar93

Hi everybody!

I have two inconveniences with SKSE. First one is that I need to manually start Steam before I start SKSE (either via Steam or separate shortcut) and the second one is that I need to restart Steam every time I shut down Skyrim (SKSE) and want to start it again. Is this that can be solved or is this just the natural order of things?

The Steam default is to start steam when you start your computer. Personally, since I actually use my computer for things other than steam games I have this shut off. If you really want steam running in the background all of the time and watching everything you do waiting for you to start a steam game,

open the steam client

click on steam tab ( the one on the far left on the top row)

In the new window that will open click the box for Run Steam when my computer starts

Follow this tutorial: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WTcOK0oEDMw

It should solve at least the first problem, it lets you start SKSE through the standard steam launcher, not sure about the second one though, I never had this issue.

With the latest updates to SKSE and the Steam client program you no longer have to play tricks to get the steam launcher to load SKSE. Using those outdated tricks could actually make things break now that Steam can auto-detect SKSE.

The Steam default is to start steam when you start your computer. Personally, since I actually use my computer for things other than steam games I have this shut off. If you really want steam running in the background all of the time and watching everything you do waiting for you to start a steam game,

open the steam client

In the new window that will open click the box for Run Steam when my computer starts

I don't have that option either but I still have issues with this problem. But maybe it's just my computer and my bad luck.

Sounds like a Steam issue. Do a fresh install of Steam, then fully update it. You can also get SKSE through Steam now.

open the steam client

Steam isn't that inquisitive. The only thing it does while running as a background process is checking its servers for updates for games that are flagged as installed. It's not watching or keeping track of what you do, and it also isn't a resource hog - especially if you can actually run, let alone mod any of the popular games in the Nexus network. Are you sure you're not confusing Steam with HAL 9000?