ratio between mesh

BlackShruikan

Hello community I'm starting to using 3ds max 2012 and let's say that I want create a chair for

Skyrim.

I must import a .nif file for scale right the chair? For example an human body? I don't want a chair big like an house in the game.

I'm not very clearly I know, let me know, thanks !

Actually be carefull with that NPCs scale slightly larger than in life, IIRC an average NPC is over 8 foot high when imported into 3DS. The units are actually inches, if you load up a dungeon room mid piece in 3DS (which in CK will grid snap it's own length when set at 256) it measures -325.12 to 325.12 so it's 650.24cm wide, divide by 256 is 2.54 cm or one inch.

But like billyro said it's best to import something vanilla that is similar and match to that.

Actually be carefull with that NPCs scale slightly larger than in life, IIRC an average NPC is over 8 foot high when imported into 3DS. The units are actually inches, if you load up a dungeon room mid piece in 3DS (which in CK will grid snap it's own length when set at 256) it measures -325.12 to 325.12 so it's 650.24cm wide, divide by 256 is 2.54 cm or one inch.

But like billyro said it's best to import something vanilla that is similar and match to that.

Thanks !