I need advice before installing some mods

iShodz

Hello.

My English isn't the best so I don't know how to say what I need but I'll try in several ways.

I installed recently Cloaks of Skyrim, Winter is Coming - Cloaks(I used the file that makes it operate WITH Cloaks of Skyrim), and allowed the items in Wet & Cold to be added to leveled lists.

Now I downloaded Immersive Weapons and Immersive Armors but didn't install them yet because I've read somewhere that multiple mods that affects leveled lists may not always show on NPCs in the world (example: armors from immersive armors won't show on NPCs) if these mods aren't loaded in the proper order. I'm not really sure about this but I gotta be careful.

So, IF what I've read is right, How to install Immersive Weapons and Armors without allowing them to affect OR be affected by all the mods I stated earlier. In other words, I don't want Cloaks of Skyrim, Winter is coming Cloaks, Wet & Cold, Immersive Weapons and Immersive Armors to conflict with each other. I want NPCs to wear stuff from all these mods AND I want to see stuff from all these mods disributed on the shops around skyrim.

IF I am wrong, should I just install them normally or is there something I should do ?

Thanks a lot. :)

Have a read of the pinned post at the top of this forum called "Beginners Guide to Modding". Among other things it explains this issue and how to address it with Wrye Bash. In many cases you won't have a problem in practice if you sort your load order properly with loot and don't have several hundred mods installed. If you find that stuff is not appearing in shops that should be, then you can use Wrye bash to fix it.

I tried installing IA and loaded it at the end of the order and the problem I expected that it will happen did happen :(

I've read in the "Conflicts" section in Winter is Coming Cloaks description that I can use Wyre Bash to create w Bash Patch to fix such issues..

I downloaded Wyre Bash and there's NO WAY I'll be able to create the Bash Patch By my own, may someone tell me how to do it ? or point me out to a step-by-step but not very hard to understand tutorial ?

Thank you so much for your efforts :))

P.S.: I tried reading the guide of Wyre Bash but couldn't come up with anything to start with..

I don't actually use Wrye bash although it's apparently easier to use than TES5edit, which is what I use. However, there is a nice series of youtube videos that can help if that's of any use to you.

Search for "Gopher TES5edit"

This one in particular covers how to resolve conflicts but I suggest watching the earlier videos first which cover how to install and the basics of using the tool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h-SkZK-Tts

It's an extremely powerful tool once you get the hang of it.

And just to check, are you absolutely sure you need to do all this? I have lots of mods that alter levelled lists and I've never had this problem. I make my own mods all the time that add stuff to levelled lists. Sometimes it takes a little while for them to appear in vendor lists (waiting a few days helps, etc.) but eventually they all appear. Make sure it isn't something else that's causing your problem first.

So, I made a bashed patch using this tutorial ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36189/? ) started a new game, I spawned near Windhelm (I use random alternative start). So, I thought I'd pay Ulfric a visit. I found him there, sitting on his throne in all his usual glory, but something was missing.

http://i62.tinypic.com/20ark1y.jpg

You see, I can see him wearing the Stormlord Gauntlets from Immersive Armors ONLY, I tried pickpocketing him to see what he has and found that has the armor and the boots, but not the gauntlets.

Please tell me there's a way to fix this :'( should I wait or something ? :sad:

The files I've inserted in the bashed patch (This is their load order as well):

- Skyrim.esm

- Update.esm

- Dawnguard.esm

- Hearthfires.esm

- Dragonborn.esm

- Cloaks.esp [From Cloaks of Skyrim]

- 1nivWICCloaks.esp [From Winter is Coming Cloaks]

- 1nivWICSkyCloaks [From Winter is Coming Cloaks]

- WetandCold.esp

- WetandCold - Ashes.esp

- Immersive Weapons.esp

- Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp [From Immersive Armos]

EDIT: I found a semi-solution, I found that unchecking the alternate start from the extras menu from Immersive Armors MCM will make Ulfric wear the Stormlord armor and boots, but now he took off the gauntlets and his mouth is tied up like in Helgen. This makes perfect sense since the alternate start is no longer compatible with IA, so I thought waiting a few days will fix it, it didn't. I tried starting the quests normally and wait, but it didn't work neither. This is much better than him being naked, but yet, slightly annoying, if someone knows how to fix it, I'll be much obliged..

Edited by iShodz

Which alternate start mod are you using? Arthmoor's Live Another Life works quite well with Immersive Armors provided you tick that MCM box in "extras" before sleeping in the bed after selecting your start from the Mara statue.

You tried pickpocketing Ulfric and he had armor and boots? So basically they're in his inventory but he's not equipping them for some reason, he's only equipping the gauntlets which you can't see because you're a low level character and you don't have the misdirection perk. Is that correct?

Some people have reported that even with the box ticked, Ulfric sometimes appears naked. Sometimes reloading the start can fix it. i.e. from before you click on the bed in the case of Live Another Life. Waiting will not fix it unfortunately.

You could also try searching on the relevant mod's page on the nexus under the "posts" tab. Naked Ulfric is a classic problem with alternate start mods and immersive armors.

Edited by tirnoney

Which alternate start mod are you using? Arthmoor's Live Another Life works quite well with Immersive Armors provided you tick that MCM box in "extras" before sleeping in the bed after selecting your start from the Mara statue.

You tried pickpocketing Ulfric and he had armor and boots? So basically they're in his inventory but he's not equipping them for some reason, he's only equipping the gauntlets which you can't see because you're a low level character and you don't have the misdirection perk. Is that correct?

Some people have reported that even with the box ticked, Ulfric sometimes appears naked. Sometimes reloading the start can fix it. i.e. from before you click on the bed in the case of Live Another Life. Waiting will not fix it unfortunately.

You could also try searching on the relevant mod's page on the nexus under the "posts" tab. Naked Ulfric is a classic problem with alternate start mods and immersive armors.

No I use this one: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25404/?

EDIT: I ticked back the Alternate Start and went to the naked Ulfric then disabled and enabled him back using the commands, and he spawned wearing the complete Stormlord armor and his mouth wasn't tied up. Should this be the solution ? Should I finally start playing normally ? or will disabling him and enabling back will cause some issues in quests for example ?

Edited by iShodz

Disabling and re-enabling him via console could break the civil war questline. Fixing it might be a simple matter of using setstage in the right place to get things moving again, but I wouldn't like to guarantee that if you've got your sights set on a civil war playthrough.

Try resetinventory command instead. That wont break any quests.

I'd also suggest you report the problem on the "posts" section of Random Alternate Start since it's clearly an issue between it and Immersive Armors.

Disabling and re-enabling him via console could break the civil war questline. Fixing it might be a simple matter of using setstage in the right place to get things moving again, but I wouldn't like to guarantee that if you've got your sights set on a civil war playthrough.

Try resetinventory command instead. That wont break any quests.

I'd also suggest you report the problem on the "posts" section of Random Alternate Start since it's clearly an issue between it and Immersive Armors.

I spoke with Ulfric after re-enabling him and I can still join the Stormcloaks, does this mean the questline is fine ?