General advices for modding Skyrim and ENB

wiffl

Moin,

i am new to modding. Most of the time i prefered to play the games how they came, but with the re-playing of Mass Effect i started to enhance the visuals to get more out of it.

There are TONS of mods for skyrim, and it's hard for me to find something i could use without destroying the actual game-experience. I mean, i don't want additional armors, weapons, quests, nude-npc's..

So my first question is: Can you give me any advices, how i find such mods for visuals? High res textures, better lighting and something like this.

I am currently trying ENB and RealVision.

I've installed RealVision ENB 279b, RealVision ENB - Skyrim Subsurface Scattering Patch and the Particle Patch.

I followed the instructions in the linked Youtube-Video and set it up on FULL. But now i am running the game with 20fps.. How can i change the settings on Performance without spending hours on each single setting. I tried to de- and reactivate the mod and set it up on Normal; but still exactly 20fps, so i don't think it changed something.

I am using an i5 2500K @ 3m.30GHz, 8GB RAM and an AMD 6800 Series GPU. My Win7 is the 64bit Version.

You may need to use a different ENB. I believe there are some that are set up to actually increase performance, so maybe try one of those to give you more room to add textures and models. I highly suggest Static Mesh Improvement mod, and you should try some texture mods too, if it seems like your FPS is okay.

You may need to use a different ENB. I believe there are some that are set up to actually increase performance, so maybe try one of those to give you more room to add textures and models. I highly suggest Static Mesh Improvement mod, and you should try some texture mods too, if it seems like your FPS is okay.

No, that ENboost, but it not an enb per say.

After reading alot and browsing through the sections i think i got it.

Took me some time to understand that RealVision is just the setup of the ENB.. :D