Revisit Old Bosses.

lepergnome

Hello there fellow Skyrim devotees. I've been looking around for something like this but thus far failed to find it. So I will post my idea for the mod here.

So, after beating certain bosses, have you wondered how challenging or more exciting would the fight be if you were an even higher level? I did. And I soooo wanted to fight Miraak, Alduin or Harkon again, with better armor, abilities and what not!

So the basic of the idea for the mod is to allow you to re-engage these bosses in fight once more. They would have course scale with you as they normally do. How would you start these encounters again? Well theres no need to but I wanted to make it lore friendly as well: Inside the Bannered Mare in Whiterun, you will find a child. Apperantly an adoring fan of the Dragonborn. New dialog options with him will open whenever you beat any of the bosses (Miraak, Alduin, Harkon, Vyrthur, Ancano etc.). So you wanna fight Miraak again? Click the dialog option

"Let me tell you how I defeated Miraak!" (Or something in that line)

And you get teleported to Apocrypha on the same place where you beated Miraak. He will be there together with his dragons. After finishing the same dialog and scenario he had when you first fought him the fight starts again. His armor, weapons and level are all scaled of course, depending on your level. After the fight is finished you will teleport back to Bannered Mare before that Child. And same goes for all the other bosses. This is just an example.

I never made a mod in my life and I realize that what I might be asking for is difficult to make. But what do you think fellows? Would you like to see something like this? Would anyone like to try to make this mod? Thanks in advance! ^^

Edited by lepergnome

I love this idea!

The kids could say, "tell me a story". And then you get to pick what story to tell, and who you fought.

You could even expand it a bit by adding bandit bosses.

There are a number of "fighters arena" type mods. But that places you in the arena, with the other fighter. This mod would require you teleport to a location.

Which is also doable since that is how the horse drawn carriages work.

Wouldn't necessarily be all that hard...sounds very World of Warcraft-ish, actually. Could add a spell, power, or just a fancy doorway of some sort that takes you back to where you fought that particular boss (WoW calls it an "instanced area") where the boss is alive and still hostile, and dies in the same manner.

The only roadblock I see is with Alduin. You enter Sovngarde for the final battle through the portal at Skuldafn, which is unreachable through any means other than the scripted scene where you jump on Odahviing's back.

Yes I`m aware of that one. Fellow WoW (role)player here! And thats why I though it should be done trough conversation. Sends you anywhere and everywhere with a simple click on the dialog. Wyrmtooth mod has something similar. After finishing a conversation with the imperial (can`t remember the name) you get transportet to the isle. And don`t we have a similar thing durning the Diplomatic Immunity quest?

Yes I`m aware of that one. Fellow WoW (role)player here! And thats why I though it should be done trough conversation. Sends you anywhere and everywhere with a simple click on the dialog. Wyrmtooth mod has something similar. After finishing a conversation with the imperial (can`t remember the name) you get transportet to the isle. And don`t we have a similar thing durning the Diplomatic Immunity quest?

Yeah, you have to talk to Delphine to be sent to the Thalmor Embassy.