Intrusive adverts

MrStoob

While I think we can all appreciate why adverts help keep the site accessible, some of the recent adverts are intruding on the user interface, specifically when I try to find 'Add Comment' it is invariably hidden behind an advert that takes up double the height of the intended area. Adverts are also spreading across the whole screen because (God forbid!) my mouse went near it accidentally.

Please, don't turn into one of those terrible FaceBook click-bait 'Top 10' sites...

The Nexus family of websites has little control over the ads that you receive. They are handled by a third party and are tailored to the region that you live in. You can help by trying to get a screen capture of the offending ad and post it as well as where you live so that Dark0ne can contact the ad service about removing the ad.

Rabbit

Please report the obnoxious ads. They are not supposed to be doing that. As ads are not the same everywhere, but are regional, we need a screenshot of the bad ad to have it taken down. look at the bottom of the page and click on the contact us tab to report a bad ad.

The idiot advertisers are shooting themselves in the foot by pushing bad ads on people. That just increases the numbers using ad blockers and hastens the time when they will be banned altogether.

Unfortunately, the ads pay for the FREE site. A large site like Nexus is not cheap to run. Unlike most sites, Nexus does offer an inexpensive alternative - by paying a small fee ( about $2 US) you can become a supporter and NEVER see another ad here. Or, any level of premium gets the no ads forever even when the premium subscription runs out. I do not know of any other site that can say this. Do you? :happy: