Unable to start game due to SweetFx

tonbogiri

3 days ago i was able to play skyrim properly, after that i came back to skyrim, launched the game and it gave me the error (the procedure entry point createDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\Windows\SYSTEM\d3d11.dll)

I recently installed Familiar faces and Genesis. But uninstalled it and tried to run again, so I don't think this was the cause as well.

So, i narrowed it down to sweetFx, it had nothing to do with the mods that i had as i uninstalled every mod i had and reinstalled them and ordered them properly with LOOT.

when i removed sweetFx via FXAA ENB SweetFX Manager, skyrim launched but only after the bethesda screen loaded,i beg of you please help me D: I need SKYRIM!!!!

Current OS : Windows 10 - 64 bit

GPU : GTX970 4GB

DirectX version : 12

Where skyrim is kept : D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim

P.S : Skyrim was able to properly launch even after i updated to Windows 10 so I'm sure it has nothing to do with Windows.

I had the same issue yesterday.

According to https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn268307%28v=vs.85%29.aspx, createDXGIFactory2 is not located in d3d11.dll but in dxgi.dll. I found a 32 bit version of dxgi.dll in my Sykrim folder and a 64 bit version in %windir%\System32. The 32 bit version, however, did not contain the createDXGIFactory2 symbol.

Local dlls are preferred over those in System32, so my fix was deleting (or better renaming) the dxgi.dll in my Skyrim folder.

I hope this helps.

P.S.: I still don't know exactly why/how this broke at all. Maybe it's related to a recent update of the nvidia driver to version 355.82.

This solution works. For you people finding this on Google, I had this exact issue with Windows 10 and Fallout New Vegas. What I decided to do was rename the files (as suggested above). For whatever reason (I know nothing about computers, I read this on another site) adding ".bak" to the file names worked. I think this is an ENB issue with either Windows 10 or the Nvidia Game Ready Driver for Metal Gear Solid TPP. Or maybe both.

• 4 weeks later...

Interestingly enough, renaming it does allow me to launch the game. But the ENB I'm using (that's associated with the .dll file) isn't even working now. It's essentially no different than deleting the entire ENB. Is there a way to fix this and still get the ENB to work?

Lolololol why is there a directx 11 file involved. I guess theres a reason but lol thats funny. My Win10 hasnt broke yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...