Ideas for a new inventory system for LW Mod

Solid8Beard

Hello
First of all I would like to warn you that I am not into modding. I like XCOM 2012 and love the Long War mod.
But whether the vanilla game and mod has the same problem of the inventory someone of you already said that the inventory system in the original was better but I am not speaking of nostalgia here and i am not asking to recreate the same inventory of the Original (we'll see but maybe not :) ). I've already seen that you have added more slots and i know that you are still working on alternatives.
Now let me tell you about the alternatives that I would like to offer a new inventory system that I thought in the last few weeks. I want to warn you that these are some ideas that I would like to share then the creation of a possible will be up to some (the LW mod creators or other modders) to decide.
Here are the ideas.
1) How many items can carry a soldier (Item slots weight stat):
Here I had the idea that soldiers have a statistic for how many items can bring with him to a specific number of slots possible (similar to the weight limit of the original XCOM).
Example: If a soldier has 7 strength can take seven objects small: grenades, armor bonus or a medical kit with him (even three if you count the armor and weapons that should bring with). I already know that there is a similar feature in versions of Long War that certain items can lower mobility in this I also thought there should be 12 slots and that the strength of the soldier still has the limit to carry items can reduce the mobility stat ; example: if you are 12 slots but the soldier can carry only 8 objects, if you choose to bring an extra item that exceed these limits will lower the mobility.

2) Slots specific.
The 'other idea is the slots are limited and confined to specific objects.
example:
1 Slot that soldiers can wear the protective equipment (suit plating).
4 Slots that soldiers can carry all types of grenades, medikits, battle scanner etc.
2 Slots that soldiers can carry weapon attachments and special ammunition.
Unfortunately I don't have a some sort of graphic example but I hope you understand what I mean.
Well, it's all for now i hope you like these ideas. Feel free to propose alternative ideas and this applies to cretori the mod and for those who love modding.