JustATac0

My favorite TES game is definetly TES-4 Oblivion just because I loved the main questline, and all the side quests I played. Of course I never finished everything in the game. I could have explored 100 dungeons and know that there were hundreds more to explore and clear later on! Never been so Immersed in a game like I was with Oblivion! :) Whats your favorite TES game?

Oblivion. Even without mods it was a wonderful place to stay. With the mods provided by some very talented modders Oblivion was utter bliss. I still get a little wispy whenever I hear any of the music. I would be playing it now except that I had played it pretty much from the time it was released until Skyrim came out with only a few exceptions.

Rabbit

Morrowind. Best atmosphere, best guilds, best mods. Huge number of quests, non-linear and often winding dungeons, and a world that's simply alien. Even after 10+ years I still haven't managed to do everything in it...at least in part thanks to mods. Damn you, TR. XD

Oblivion's second, due to the quest writing. The guild quests in that game were great fun. The dungeons were also good (bar the Oblivion realms). I loved the Ayleid ruins most of all, even with the deadly traps. XD

I wpuld choose Morrowind as well. You start as a weak nobody and become an unstippable force by the end. No other TES game managed to achieve that. I admit that it has it's flaws and that nostalgia plays a big part in this matter. However, the many mods that came out in the past 12 years kept it fresh.

Oblivion is an interesting world as well but it has very little replay value imo. On the other hand, it has some of the most memorable characters in all the TES world. especially those from the Dark Brotherhood.

Skyrim and it's huge amount of mods is the best game if you want to create very specific characters. Its bigbest flaw are the major quest lines. All of them are too short and too linear.

These are all the TES games I played.

I would say Morrowind for me I always liked the environment, the most thought out and superior main storyline in the entire series and the overall game mechanics were spot on – the awkward combat. I liked how the guild ranking are established you needed a set amount of main attributes and skills to progress... because now of days you can not be proficient in magic and somehow become the arch mage your forcing yourself to roll play in a roll playing game and that should never be the case.

I liked the main storyline in Oblivion simply because you were a random hero technically not the main character who confronts Mehrunes Dagon. Just about every rpg your always the main character/main hero within the storyline it gets a bit redundant so Oblivion for me was very refreshing. I had a lot of good memories in Oblivion its a good 2nd for me.

Edited by Bloodinfested

I absolutely loved almost everything about Oblivion, I played it on the console & never felt the need to change aspects of it the way I did with Skyrim (which is actually the reason I switched to playing it on the PC). Now that I have discovered mods I would like to play Oblivion on PC just to tweak the few small things I would have changed - but unfortunately it isn't compatible with a controller & I can't abide playing games with the keyboard.

I found the world space in Oblivion so utterly beautiful I would even just take my horse out for a ride to enjoy the scenery on occasions where my character needed to kill some time!

Oblivion is the best but I actually found the main quest quite tedious. I didn't like it. Kind of like Skyrim's main quest.

The best thing ever would be Skyrim's graphics engine with Oblivion's quests, Oblivion's flora and colorful pastels, Skyrim's combat.