Better Script Timing

Aboogie1

Would it be possible to create a mod, or skse plugin, which controls the timing of whatever scripts you happen to have running? It would really reduce script lag if it could prevent too many scripts from trying to run together and overloading the papyrus engine. It could set a limit of 2 or 3 scripts to be running at a given time, or a load limit on papyrus, and try to make the others wait for their turn, spread the running of scripts out more evenly. I can see how it could break things, but it would surely help with script lag.

I guess it's not really script lag I was thinking about, just camera stutter caused by script lag maybe.

scripts are actually restricted by the framerate. Scripts can only do so much work per frame that passes. Which already makes it pretty hard for scripts to directly affect framerate

For a script to tank your framerate, it would need to do something like summon an NPC or something, since NPC's are relatively heavy art assets. Just one example.

The other way scripts can destroy your framerate is if you foolishly modified the various Papyrus settings in your Skyrim.INI file. Those values are set to limit Papyrus so that it can't cause problems, but if you raise the memory and various BudgetMS settings Papyrus will happily steal resources from the rest of the game.