Blender fill 'half working'

Denisowator

So I've started working on a set of swords and axes for Skyrim (18 in total) and I've finished outlining the first one from the reference image. I tried to fill it in, and it sort of works. What happens is a transparent orange face appears as if you have selected a face, but when I go into object view, it disappears and nothing it there.

To be honest, I've worked with Blender for a long time. But the fill tool/option really gets on my nerves. I have no idea if there's a shortcut for a menu of something (like there is for a menu of every single thing), and I've barely needed to use the fill tool/option.

Please help, I'm gonna have to make 17 more so I REALLY NEED to get this sorted and understand how to proparly use the fill tool/option.

Thanks in advance. :)

Please someone!!! D;

I've made a plane and added vertices to the edges, and transformed that in edit mode to outline the axe. And I've spent over 8 hours outlining it! But when I was done and went back into object mode, there were only the verticies.

There's not f****** way I'm doing that again! So someone please help me! :(

.................................. Okkkeeeyyyyy.................................................

I am officially a Retard!

Sorry to everyone that clicked on this topic and wasted their precious time reading it, I'm really sorry. I completely forgot I set the plane to "wire" in the display so I could see through it. But there is a bit of sense in my mistake. I mean I've been outlining it for over 8 HOURS, don't tell me you wouldn't forget you set it to wire. xD

Someone please ban me for my stupidity

jk, don't actually ban me. :3