Skyrim - Graphics and Graphics mods - A Serious Problem that needs addressing

AdamRundolf001

Skyrim... A game that has been modded time and time again. But one thing has always been nagging and itching at me.

A Better Way to Mod the Graphics!

Skyrim Graphics Extender

aka

"A dagger shaped hole you didn't know was empty" - Narrator of Baldur's Gate 1 -

This is the hole inside my soul that has been paining me ever sense skyrim was released.

We all know of the mod ENB and we all know that most of us cannot run it due to limitations in graphics hardware.

We all remember Oblivion Graphics Extender and how little it effected our FPS.

ENB's in Oblivion were just a waist of time because these graphics are not within our generation of what we are suppose to have, a waist of money because some of us don't have the budget to afford the Required Hardware, and finally and most importantly a waist of effort because when we got it to work after tons of editing our installation to make it compatible it would either run like crap or cause unstable graphics, camera, or game glitches. Most of the time the ENB's we used didn't look as advertised.

The vanilla graphics we always get are there because it is how the developers designed it. Game's that are released with the graphics and content they have because they want it to be playable to everyone. The graphics are designed to adapt to the kind of system setup you have.

Showcasing graphics mods that most other people can't have is vile and cruel. That's why people do the things they do. Because they see something that they can't have.

*Sigh* post back if you like... I don't care anymore...

Haha. I feel you brew. But patience and time will allow you to get current GEN PCs for far cheaper in no time with how rapid the progression of tech is and will be for some time. Give it a couple of months and you will be able to afford a pretty high end GPU without going into serious debt.

Many people don't use ENB because they don't like them, I could run them but I don't, I ended up turning down the effects so far that it wasn't worth having it enabled.

Google this: MasterEffect Reborn. (hover over the 1.1.287 under "DOWNLOAD", click to download)

Here's a preset on Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64889/? (WARNING: very colorful)

The comments under that are interesting, there are some alarming frame rate drops being reported.

HAHAHAHAHAHA :laugh: I've got it! I'VE GOT IT! I'VE SOLVED THE FPS CRISIS WITH ENB'S!

Sense we have texture optimizers for texture packs.

Textures use Vram.

The ENB Effects use Vram.

It's not the coding of the enb itself its the effects that are causing it!

HINT HINT! Why do textures and the enb effects both use vram?!

CAUSE ENB EFFECTS ARE ACTUALLY TEXTURE FILES BUT IN A DIFFERENT FORM!

Create an ENB EFFECT OPTIMIZER! It will compress the enb fx files down to a reasonable size.

or I might be wrong... I'll let you decide! :blush:

Or I could just wait and get a new or second graphics card! I've been looking at some higher up ones from Amazon.

If you guys feel like posting your system specs then please do! :happy: I have no qualms about people boasting about systems their proud of.

But oblivion graphics... YUCK! those graphics will make your eyes bleed without any mods. Skyrims graphics are a step up from that.

That crap makes you want to say "MY EYES MY EYES!".

What the hell bethesda we want games that look good not games that are eye sores to even start up.

Good god bethesda come on! Get your act together and start making REAL open world RPGs!

Fallout 4 actually looks decent for a change. So they are starting too... Hopefully...

ENB is infamous for sample rate. Hell, Boris will tell you it is overkill.

Sampling is where you take the screen, sample it a few dozen times and make magic from those samples.

If SweetFX is dipping into your fps, you don't need dx hooks for enhanced atmosphere. You need more better hardmaferks.

I've never said that ENB improves framerate, nor have I ever stated that SweetFX doesn't reduce performance at least by a bit. But there are ways to tweak your own setup after you have it so that the performance hit isn't such that using the enhancement is so detrimental as to cause you to disregard them.

And stop blaming Bethesda. They do what they know is going to sell, so stop buying shitty games. :D

"so stop buying shitty games." I'll have you know that bethesda purposely makes them that way so modders always have something to do if they get bored.

@HeyYou "What the hell is a hardmaferk?"

huh?

My question exactly... :huh:

Anyways... as I said before "I have no qualms about people boasting about systems their proud of."

SO BOAST AWAY! After all part of this is about graphics. So that includes system setups. I'll give mine just to be generous:

Processor and System Memory:AMD FX 6200 Six-core Processor 3.8 GHz, 10 GB RAM, 1.5 Terabyte Hard drive.

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 with 2GB Vram.

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy 5/rx

Monitor:24" LED Monitor with up to 1920 x 1080 Resolution support. Supports 16:9, 16:10 (Limited), 4:3.

I can run skyrim with tons of 4K texture mods with Skyrim HD 2K Texture Pack Full (4K). Along with SMIM and its 4K texture replacer Option for a steady 40 - 50 FPS. All at Max Settings... Or 2k textures with a performance enb at max settings for a semi-steady 10-30 FPS.

Those two options all with SkyRe. An tons more mods.

I have a Grand Total of 285 Plugins. I have a total of 236 Activated Plugins. My Skyrim Folder is currently 43.3 GB's in size.

It crashes rarely.

I am proud of my system.

Looking at all this makes me think...

"I don't understand what is overloading them so much, I mean how much damn power do they need?!" - Doom 3 -

Even in Dragon Age Inquisition I have to turn the graphics down.

Before I had an AMD Radeon HD 7800 series graphics card. That little thing died on me...

Edited by AdamRundolf001