Oblivion and memory

JinixElder

I've used oblivion's construction set for years and have an enormous mod that crashes when I play my mod or go to a certain area that has tons of things to load in. This also happens in the CS when I go to the same area.

I can -in the game - get close to the area from the surrounding areas but if I get too close it crashes. - I'm assumming it's a memory thing. I have 6gb but it occurred when I got a new video card nVidia GeForce GTX 760

With 4gb video memory. my windows7system has 6 gb ram powered with intel 2quad Q9300.

My question is: What is the optimum way to set up memory so that Oblivion and it's CS maximize ram?

Is my Video Card too new ? I'm assumming that new cards are to play the very latest games - but I don't have any 'new' games other than Skyrim which I don't like modding as much, because the CS is too much of a tronlike maze to me.

Windows performance tool report the card and video memory have a subscore of 7.9 ?

How much RAM Oblivion is eating for you? Mine with almost 100 esp intalled never passes 1.2GB.

What really eats RAM is highres textures, specially the far distant ones. Is that the case?

Are you loading only oblivion.esp and your mod? Have you tried a clean install?

• 5 weeks later...