Backing Mods up before reinstalling Windows

ZombieKilier

Hey! So I've been having weird PC problems for a while and there seems to be no fixes for them, they're just weird things that happen that need a fresh install to fix. So I was going to reinstall Windows 10 Pro but I have some of my games modded. Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Witcher, Witcher 2, probably some more but can't remember. What I'd normally do is backup my things like documents, pictures, music, etc. then just re-download and install all the mods again. Thing is I don't really play video games anymore, long story short they're a waste of time and almost ruined my life. I still enjoy playing games like COD or Halo when friends come over (but it's been months since I've played them even then) as just a social activity. So what I'd like to do is backup all my mods so I can reinstall them as quickly as possible as I'm not going to take much time to bother with them. Last time I actually played any of my modded games was over a year ago. So it's not like I'm really concerned about it, it's just I wasted hundreds of hours in the past modding my games and even though I don't play them anymore I figure since I spent so much time on it it'd be nice to keep the work I'd done.

So to lay it out simply. I am reinstalling Windows 10 Pro (which I can totally do), and need to know how do I backup my mods?

Thanks! :D

It takes a bit of time but I just pack them up in a zip file and put them on my external hard drive. I did that with NWN and Baldurs Gate and then I just drop them back in wholesale. I also back up the documents/save games.

There may be an easier way but this is what I do. I also make sure to have something showing my load order so it will be the same when I reinstall the games.

• 2 months later...