NMM 0.60 Beta released with profiling. Sharing profiles to follow soon.

Dark0ne

In response to post #28760444. #28761304, #28761369, #28762244 are all replies on the same post.

Naznaczony wrote: Damn after installation my mods stop working, now i need to reinstal whole game with all mods thank you.
Headcase0 wrote: It said right in the bright bold "PLEASE READ" section that it would uninstall, and then reinstall all of your mods. That should be a red flag if you have a touchy setup.
DuskDweller wrote: At the bottom of the news post there's a link pointing to where you're supposed to report issues, there's also the one for the guide helping you to restore your old installation in case anything should go wrong.
nick72 wrote: Its also destroyed my game - 736 mods installed. The warning was insufficient. What a total FAIL. Disgusted.

They Should change name to Nexus Mod Destroyer now :tongue:

These guys never fail to disappoint :P

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice, thank you for the continued NMM development. Profile saving sounds awesome as well.

I wonder though:

will we be able to upload private mods as backups, too, just like we will be able to store profile backups?

thing is, I use a few personally modified and merged mods, that I do not have distribution rights for. how will those play into the whole "one click backup and restore" scheme?

In response to post #28762739.

Gruftlord wrote: nice, thank you for the continued NMM development. Profile saving sounds awesome as well.
I wonder though:

will we be able to upload private mods as backups, too, just like we will be able to store profile backups?
thing is, I use a few personally modified and merged mods, that I do not have distribution rights for. how will those play into the whole "one click backup and restore" scheme?

It won't backup mods that aren't on the site itself. It won't work by uploading all your mods to the site (because that would be a horrible waste of resources, both in terms of your bandwidth, and our server space!), but by uploading a small text file generated from your NMM that tells the site what mods/files you're using and how they're organised.

No thank you... deactivating/activating all the mods thats 100 something mods and there are also ones i don't use which i don't want them installed(using CBBE, kept UNP)

and u know how many "Yes to upgrade" and "No to install normally" i had to facking do man and after no yes to all, no, no to all i needed to do to get what i wanted so one mod doesn't mess with other, forget this. facking nuts. not even Mxr will use this. Very inconvenient maybe convenience after upgrading to new version.

Edited by minicute2234

I can't install mods with this new version of Nexus Mod Manager.

When i try to install SkyFalls + SkyMills mod, this is what i get:

A problem occurred during install:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The mod was not installed.

Any ideas, i'm stuck at the moment and there is no link to download old version of NMM.

In response to post #28762739. #28762914 is also a reply to the same post.

Gruftlord wrote: nice, thank you for the continued NMM development. Profile saving sounds awesome as well.
I wonder though:

Dark0ne wrote: It won't backup mods that aren't on the site itself. It won't work by uploading all your mods to the site (because that would be a horrible waste of resources, both in terms of your bandwidth, and our server space!), but by uploading a small text file generated from your NMM that tells the site what mods/files you're using and how they're organised.

that's how I expected it to work.
But... What about the possibility to host private mods on nexus? I could still link them with the backup function and would maintain them like i maintain my public mods.

In theory it already works, i could release mods and keep them hidden indefinitely. But that would mean treading a gray area in terms of publishing rights, if i upload other mod authors work...

sure, it's web traffic and storage for you, that is not rewarded with many users' clicks, but the reward is power users' gratitude, for what it's worth

anyway, what does it do if it can not restore missing mods (like a merged or bashed patch)? just keep that slot in the load order empty? thinking about it, a backup for esps would be a godsent for all those externally created mods like bashed and merged patch, skyproc patchers and dyndolod. some of them take ages to create (dyndolod), so having it stored (well, backed up) alongside the load order might be a really nice feature.

oh and thank you for your answer (above) in any case, much appreciated. Edited by Gruftlord

So restoring doesn't help if NMM yells update and then overrides the old installation, so where can I get a v56.1 installer? Can't find a link to that version.

Would really prefer a: no I don't want virtual installation folders option.

Since the cancel just quits NMM, and letting it do it's re-install led to errors

Reading the backup files also leads to the conclusion that it didn't even back-up everything just about 2/3 of the load order.

Probably would have been better when there wasn't a update NMM pop-up in NMM with such a major change.

While I appreciate the profile functionality, I won't be upgrading to it.

No way in hell am I going to redo the 200 hours of fine tuning and manual work I've done for my build.

I'm not exagerrating...

Edited by Zeridian

In response to post #28763054.

MMB079 wrote: I can't install mods with this new version of Nexus Mod Manager.
When i try to install SkyFalls + SkyMills mod, this is what i get:

Any ideas, i'm stuck at the moment and there is no link to download old version of NMM.

I've managed to fresh install both Nexus 0.60.1 and Skyrim (through the Steam).
Now I'm unable to install part of my Skyrim mods, I'm getting this error:

In response to post #28763259.

Zeridian wrote:

While I appreciate the profile functionality, I won't be upgrading to it.

No way in hell am I going to redo the 200 hours of fine tuning and manual work I've done for my build.

I'm not exagerrating...

I definitely wouldn't recommend doing the upgrade either, in your position.

What I might suggest is, if you're planning to play FO4, get a copy of 0.60 installed somewhere else on your system and use that for FO4, and keep 0.56.1 for your Skyrim playthrough (or Fallout 3/NV/whatever other game you use it for). Everyone will be starting from the beginning with FO4, which was kind of one of the main drivers for getting this out now.

That and the fact we hadn't had any bug reports for the alpha in a very long time.