NMM 0.60 Beta released with profiling. Sharing profiles to follow soon.

Dark0ne

In response to post #28763054. #28763324 is also a reply to the same post.

MMB079 wrote: I can't install mods with this new version of Nexus Mod Manager.
When i try to install SkyFalls + SkyMills mod, this is what i get:

A problem occurred during install:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The mod was not installed.

Any ideas, i'm stuck at the moment and there is no link to download old version of NMM.
sm0rtb wrote: I've managed to fresh install both Nexus 0.60.1 and Skyrim (through the Steam).
Now I'm unable to install part of my Skyrim mods, I'm getting this error:

We're aware of an issue with some mods that have scripted installers. Temporary fix: ensure you make a new profile (if it says "New Profile" on the profile drop-down, you need to make a new profile). We're working on a hot fix for that bug now.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #28763054. #28763324, #28763569 are all replies on the same post.

MMB079 wrote: I can't install mods with this new version of Nexus Mod Manager.
When i try to install SkyFalls + SkyMills mod, this is what i get:

Any ideas, i'm stuck at the moment and there is no link to download old version of NMM.
sm0rtb wrote: I've managed to fresh install both Nexus 0.60.1 and Skyrim (through the Steam).
Now I'm unable to install part of my Skyrim mods, I'm getting this error:

Dark0ne wrote: We're aware of an issue with some mods that have scripted installers. Temporary fix: ensure you make a new profile (if it says "New Profile" on the profile drop-down, you need to make a new profile). We're working on a hot fix for that bug now.

Please download version 0.60.2 and let me know if it works for you.

i cant tell how stupid this is, what a .....

why cant u abort the whole thing after u installed it? who the hell reads the read me of a new nmm version?

now it deinstalls all mods and i ahve plenty! some have to be instzalled in the right order to work, this will take hours to do and i adont have this time.

biggest fail ever, so angry right now...

Thanks for breaking my game.

I updated from NMM's in-program update dialog so I had no warning until it was too late.

I tried to click cancel but nooo, that just closed NMM so I couldn't configure any more mods.

Thanks for pulling a Microsoft aka ruining something that was good.

But I'm not going to let this get me down, even though you destroyed hours worth of my time.

I'm going to take this opportunity to do a complete fresh instsall of Skyrim.

So thank you, but.. yeah I think you get the message.

In response to post #28764089.

ladre5 wrote: i cant tell how stupid this is, what a .....
why cant u abort the whole thing after u installed it? who the hell reads the read me of a new nmm version?
now it deinstalls all mods and i ahve plenty! some have to be instzalled in the right order to work, this will take hours to do and i adont have this time.
biggest fail ever, so angry right now...

I feel the same, like.. seriously?
This is the result of bad programming or their new "director" trying to take control.
I won't be playing Skyrim for a while due to how long it's going to take to fix this..
Same feels.

Sorry that so many people here are being so grumpy.. I mean, understandable that they are... but why would you update if your install is so finicky?

I'm here to say THANK YOU for this awesome update. For bringing us this FREE mod manager, and for devoting your valuable time to it. I cannot wait until profile sharing is up and I can just download someone else's mod set up with a click. Super excited!

In response to post #28764189.

LoneAlphaWolf wrote: Sorry that so many people here are being so grumpy.. I mean, understandable that they are... but why would you update if your install is so finicky?

I'm here to say THANK YOU for this awesome update. For bringing us this FREE mod manager, and for devoting your valuable time to it. I cannot wait until profile sharing is up and I can just download someone else's mod set up with a click. Super excited!

how about a BIIIIIIIG warning at the BEGINNING of the unstall progress,that it will deinstall ALL of ur mods, whatever u choose?
srsy, how reads the readme? i just was tired of clicking away the window saying there is a new update so i clicked it and installed it.
after u done that ua re screwed. this is a really terribel way of handling this, like they are newbies. just so angry, playing skyrim now is over for me.

In response to post #28764189. #28764279 is also a reply to the same post.

LoneAlphaWolf wrote: Sorry that so many people here are being so grumpy.. I mean, understandable that they are... but why would you update if your install is so finicky?

ladre5 wrote: how about a BIIIIIIIG warning at the BEGINNING of the unstall progress,that it will deinstall ALL of ur mods, whatever u choose?
srsy, how reads the readme? i just was tired of clicking away the window saying there is a new update so i clicked it and installed it.
after u done that ua re screwed. this is a really terribel way of handling this, like they are newbies. just so angry, playing skyrim now is over for me.

Same here now i need to spend like 5 hours just to find all my mods then probably another 2 hours to install everything in right order :P Edited by Naznaczony

In response to post #28764189. #28764279, #28764319 are all replies on the same post.

ladre5 wrote: how about a BIIIIIIIG warning at the BEGINNING of the unstall progress,that it will deinstall ALL of ur mods, whatever u choose?
Naznaczony wrote: Same here now i need to spend like 5 hours just to find all my mods then probably another 2 hours to install everything in right order :P

There are so many detailed warnings everywhere on this new build.

In response to post #28764189. #28764279, #28764319, #28764429 are all replies on the same post.

Naznaczony wrote: Same here now i need to spend like 5 hours just to find all my mods then probably another 2 hours to install everything in right order :P
DuskDweller wrote: There are so many detailed warnings everywhere on this new build.

i better dont reply here or i get banned...