Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my game working with this Version after a few hours of tinkering. I was very curious how this would compare to the similar functions of Mod organizer. I had to reinstall SKSE to get the game to run and Reinstall FNIS to get rid of an error code. I assume that LOOT will need to be reinstalled to work properly. What's an executable? haha.

I believe that this would have been better published as a mod, the way you did version 6. Far better for a user to do some reading before loading a mod manager of this scope.

Not every Skyrim player is a programmer. Most of us are just end-users, so we don't really know what information is useful when we report a bug.

As a user, I was really pissed off when I updated without any warning (I didn't see any. Most users DON'T PAY ATTENTION AT ALL to the EULA). I did read the last warning, when you open the 0.60 version. I clicked on cancel, the NMM said it was going to revert to previous version by itself, but it just shut down. I went to the nexus only to find out that I couldn't download the 0.50 again.

So in my opinion as a user, this update was a failure. Fortunately, it is a free software, if I had had to pay for this I would have sent a complaint.

My game is screwed, my bad for not paying attention, I guess. But this is not the way such a significant update is presented. A link to a web page where the major changes are listed before downloading would have been the right way.

In response to post #28793429. #28793509, #28800694, #28801104 are all replies on the same post.

ds777 wrote: This is un forgivable! My game has been RUINED!!! I"m MAD as HELL!!!!!! And I have to rebuild what I had! You really should have warned your NMM users about this before hand! Some of us were not ready and some of us were in the middle of playing the friggin game only to have it ruined because of this update!!!5\ I'm so mad beyond words!!!!
ds777 wrote: why are they removing posts? where is my original post???? I did not break any rules why is it deleted???
pegueng wrote: Umm.. You yourself are responsible for what you do to your computer. The updates aren't forced, only recommended. Read what they do before you update. There's noone to blame but yourself.
Me i'm running on 0.60.0.9d now AND on WIN X.. and it seems to work just great for me. Sure there have been some drawbacks and undesired CTD's and such. But that's propably due to badly composed loadorders and incompatible Mods... But i suppose there's as many different computer setups as there are mod users so there's bound to be drawbacks for some ppl. I'm considering to upgrade to 60.3 but i wanna have a read about the changes first... / Slaintë lads and lasses.
GeohoundJason wrote: You WERE warned. If you read the prior news posting you would see it. You have no excuse, tldr doesn't fly here. I can admit Dark0ne has some long-winded posts, but again, the warning was there. Along with the installer warning you with big red letters to read below.

Same here.

So just let me says one thing:

1) Thanks I have a full backup of old NMM and Skyrim game, so I easily have recovered everything back to work.

2) I not blame about the fact of improvements you made on new version of the NMM, but you HAD to consider the major mess that's "update" can make on many peoples such as me who have their game heavily modded, so hate posts are just the results of your actions, as you HAD to imagine it can happens as dozens of ppl have their game messed up, as modding the game any is, involve not only merely mod installations, but a order to install and editing (for ex: the RealVision mod)of files and many othere settings, with out counting hours if not days spent for testing and fixing your game, so think that' can justify peoples anger, aside you have warned on the last version installation process.

So just for entitle my opinion, no hatepost, no trying to make drama.

Maybe you can consider to release a "easy version" where can keep old 56.1 system and just convert to new system, with out losing everything or have to complete reinstall every mods. As i have already finished to reinstall Skyrim game and finally set up all stuff, do everything again, can be enough frustrating to me to not plays anymore if I had to do it again, so I hope aside I can respect your work, you can understand peoples anger.

Sincerely, Toonamove. Edited by toonamove

If I've been okay with 0.60.0.7a, is there any real need to switch (if its been working fine for me)? I did try the new version, the beta, after uninstalling the alpha, but I didn't feel comfortable with the mod activation que thing yet, and uninstalled it and re-installed the version I had been previously using (the one mentioned above). I made sure to uninstall all my mods too before I went and did any of this, and thankfully I didn't have a whole lot installed beforehand so its no big to reinstall them again. I did read the changelog from the new version, and I did see several bug fixes, but I'm not sure if those just pertain to it being merged (not sure if that's the right term) with the previous beta.

In response to post #28794549.

Faelrin wrote: If I've been okay with 0.60.0.7a, is there any real need to switch (if its been working fine for me)? I did try the new version, the beta, after uninstalling the alpha, but I didn't feel comfortable with the mod activation que thing yet, and uninstalled it and re-installed the version I had been previously using (the one mentioned above). I made sure to uninstall all my mods too before I went and did any of this, and thankfully I didn't have a whole lot installed beforehand so its no big to reinstall them again. I did read the changelog from the new version, and I did see several bug fixes, but I'm not sure if those just pertain to it being merged (not sure if that's the right term) with the previous beta.

If you were using the Alpha version before this and you install the Beta then, I believe, you do not need to use the migration process (it won't even give you the prompt) and you can literally transition over to the Beta without having to do any extra work.

That is, unless you uninstalled all your mods in the Alpha for some reason. In which case...yes, you'll need to reinstall them!

I kinda like the new changes. it is not about a file handling itself, the file installation got faster than before. I dunno if it is just me, but it really got faster. maybe it's because I download the mods manually and install them through NMM after? all the mods are in the Unassigned category, so......

and for the file handling, I see that you guys added some more options(functions) there. it looks cool and all. but most of them I don't use, or "do(positively)" use seperately. like,

1. installing all the mods properly

2. run LOOT to arrange load order with no hiss.

3. run NMM and activate all mods.

4. run TES5Edit and Wrye Bash to make compatibility patch myself.

5. run NMM again finalize the load order and export them, and reset the archive invalidation.

6. play the game!

you see, Im already accustomed to use various tools seperately.

so, it is just my hope for NMM, which is 'eliminate some functions that may serve same thing as other tools, and redound to core function of NMM itself, Mod Manager, literally.'

I can see you guys are dedicating yourselves to make the most of your abilities, which I find it very grateful. Keep up the great work as always. :)

p.s. forgive my English. im trying better and better. *shy face*