Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

Anything that I set out to install, I "read the ___ manual." If, in the course of trying to doing something else, such as say, play Skyrim, I am prompted to update the mod manager, I assume that this is intended for the betterment of my gaming experience, and if it might be necessary or advisable for me to read something or do anything else before proceeding, the update notice should warn me of this since it is only reasonable for me to trust that the makers of NMM (or any program) are not going to push a program change that is going to screw up my game.

I doubt that anything that I read ahead of time would have warned me of the danger of the update not finding a file, then ending without fixing the mess it creates.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bben46 - Bottom line. Reading a manual probably won't help me now. The update stopped before finishing reinstalling my mods because it couldn't find a file. Now I'm missing mods that I don't know how to identify. I can see what I have left but, unless I manage to remember a mod that I don't see in the list, I don't have any way, that I know of, to discover what was deleted. Furthermore, since the update stopped, I tried the update button in NMM but it indicates that it is updated. I hope that reconstructing the mods is the only thing I'm facing.

I need help. Any suggestions that might help me repair this would be greatly appreciated.

After Reinstalling Skyrim, NMM and importing all my mods back everything seems to be going smoothly, except one thing. Some mods either don't go through their usual setup, or only will once but if I disable them they won't go through that process again, working as intended? What if I wanted to change those options?

Hey.

I've had problem with arrows being considered as bolts by game after re-instalation all the mods. I have written about it here:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3270399-ironsteel-arrows-are-bolts/

I have dealt with it in this way:

"I went to TESVEDIT and changed Iron and Steel arrow Ammunition/Data-Flags to "Non-Bolt". IDK yet if I will have to do the same with other arrows, but I could equip it and use it.

Why risque? Because first time game went CTD. It was succesfull second time. "

In response to post #29202184.

DoctorLies wrote: After Reinstalling Skyrim, NMM and importing all my mods back everything seems to be going smoothly, except one thing. Some mods either don't go through their usual setup, or only will once but if I disable them they won't go through that process again, working as intended? What if I wanted to change those options?

The answer is in the FAQ :
Q. I can no longer interact with mods that have scripted installers after I've installed them. How do I redo the options?

NMM now has three mod states; active, inactive and uninstalled.

If a mod is active, it's installed and turned on in your profile so should show in your game.

If it's inactive the mod is installed, but it's not turned on in your current profile so should not show in your game. It may, however, be active in other profiles you have.

If it's uninstalled then the mod is not installed and it's not active in any of your profiles.

When you interact with a scripted installer for a mod it will install the mod with the options you set. If you want to reinstall that mod and go through the scripted installer again you need to uninstall it, not deactivate it. To do so, simply right-click it and select "uninstall". When you go to install the mod again you'll then be prompted with the scripted installer, as per normal.
Edited by Elgar82

In response to post #29024339. #29081969 is also a reply to the same post.

thestormofwar wrote: Being forced to download the last version prior of NMM the 0.6 series. They've gotten progressively buggier with uninstalling mods to the point where it doesn't do it anymore. Tried to post several tracelogs in several different ways, and the site just times out.

Pity. Please fix this sh*t. And yes, I've donated to this site.
Azulyn wrote: oh wow
you've donated
do you want a cookie? does donating entitle you to something? seriously you people are hilarious

Firefox blocked my cookie :(

Came here to give voice to my displeasure, see you've gotten plenty of that already so I'll be civil.

I've got two problems. The first has already been addressed; more warning is needed for major updates like this. Second, there needs to be some more capable roll back utilities.

I've run the updater, it got part way through and crashed. I don't know if anything got deleted, but everything got uninstalled, which means I have hours of work ahead of me to get everything going again; I do not have the patience for this, and am abandoning my game. I should be able to roll back to the prior version, with all my settings in place, instead of having to do everything again clean.

I'm not whining, begging, threatening, or demanding. I'm just frustrated. I know I screwed up by not checking everything out first, but that doesn't change the fact that the update broke my setup.

In response to post #29140199. #29142059, #29192204 are all replies on the same post.

adamocelot wrote: As I read this post , once again I choke ,Why ? well ... all the complaining , let me ask did any us pay for this tool ,and did it come with a guarantee > Somewhere maybe ? ... nah .....
Before we all pee our pants and sit in it and pout ,, let me ask this
Do we know how to properly install and uninstall Skyrim mods without assistance of any sort , such as a mod organizer/manager ..whatever the tool preferred .. I know how to and I am sure many others do too.
Do we understand the risk of complete game FUBAR from installing them or using anything other tool, addon, patcher,sorter, script tool or editor other than what came out of the box in our game on a computer .. I do , and I am sure many other users do too.
These are the tools we ... WE choose to HELP simplify our Modding experience with . no one forced it on us.
If your game installation breaks ... reinstall the game or mods .. load up that last good save ... and there ya go
I think we all got really lazy and expected for too long a one button solution to mod installation ..
Something went wrong with our toy and we are gonna stomp around till Ma or Da gets us a new one
REALLY ?
Over 4k I have in Skyrim I have had to reinstall the game more than 200 times ..atleast because I BROKE IT TO complete FUBAR ..and the best part I know I am gonna the more I tinker with it
such is the life of a game modder
I use these tools also.. you bet .. but I also know I am using them at my own risk
C'mon its not a total loss ,reinstall and keep going

nahuelst wrote: GOOGLE TRANSLATE

I apologize but I disagree, this unholy version was designed only to test us, did not see the necessary warning: it was installing a new type of malware say, for what this failed quiz, had been excellent display a large window a red skull warning that the chances of ruining our games was almost total. And they warn you before and not nearly as when one is going to click install, middle guard. Do not be condescending when you used without adequate notice, time is money friend, and this is a lost time without asking. Obviously you have to defend yourself and not be stomping the head, without threats or grandstanding, only truths that are not recognized here. I wish that those who manage Nexus, Lanzen a new survey, this is now only a false statistics.
Cone nor do I care not speak English speakers speak languages, use the Google God and paste below the translation in Castilian, so it does not lend itself to misinterpretation, but usually always understood, it is not infallible either. I do not hate anyone, I do not rebuke anyone xdxd, neither will I take for useful idiot.
Greetings least one game.

PS if you pay for a tool that works well, gladly would if I pound of these adversities, ergo, Windows ... hehe

GOOGLE TRANSLATE

GOOGLE TRANSLATE

Disculpa pero no estoy de acuerdo, esta nefasta versión fué diseñada solamente para probarla con nosotros, NO vi la necesaria advertencía: que estaba instalando un NUEVO tipo de malware digamos, para lo que esta pruebita fallida, hubiera estado excelente que aparezca una gran ventana con una calavera roja advirtiendo que las probabilidades de arruinar nuestros juegos era casi total. Y que lo advierta ANTES y no casi ya cuando uno le va dar click de instalación, medio desprevenido. No seas condescendiente cuando te USAN sin avisar adecuadamente, el TIEMPO vale oro amigo, y este es un tiempo perdido sin pedirlo. Obviamente que hay que defenderse y no dejarse pisotear la cabeza, sin amenazas o grandilocuencia, sólo con verdades, que aquí no son reconocidas. Me gustaría que los que manejan Nexus, lanzen una nueva encuesta, la anterior es ahora solamente una falsa estádistica.
Cono no hablo ni me interesa hablar lenguas angloparlantes, uso al Dios Google y pego debajo la traduccion en castellano, para que no se preste a malas interpretaciones, aunque siempre suele entenderse, no es tampoco infalible. No odio a nadie, no amenazaré a nadie xdxd, ni tampoco dejaré que me tomen por idiota útil.
Menos en un juego Saludos.

PD si hay que pagar por una herramienta que funcione bien, con gusto lo haría si me libra de estas adversidades, ergo, Windows...jeje

GOOGLE TRANSLATE
MDeckman wrote: @mahueist

You're in the minority here bud. Everybody that knows about modding and that knows what they're doing wouldn't be complaining and would have backed everything up without whining.

You're the same as everybody else, a whiner and think there is a one button fix to everything. Go away.

Well ... I installed and tried this tool with New Vegas and a reinstall of Skyrim ..guess what kiddies ....... it does exactly what it is supposed to do .. had no issues other than the NMM slowness . Wow this actually works ... multiple profiles add remove mods with ease of not borking ur game .. holy?#@$ I am Impressed
This works a lot like mod organizer ...which is what I had expected !!!

In response to post #29242579.

Vidatu wrote: Came here to give voice to my displeasure, see you've gotten plenty of that already so I'll be civil.

I've got two problems. The first has already been addressed; more warning is needed for major updates like this. Second, there needs to be some more capable roll back utilities.

I've run the updater, it got part way through and crashed. I don't know if anything got deleted, but everything got uninstalled, which means I have hours of work ahead of me to get everything going again; I do not have the patience for this, and am abandoning my game. I should be able to roll back to the prior version, with all my settings in place, instead of having to do everything again clean.

I'm not whining, begging, threatening, or demanding. I'm just frustrated. I know I screwed up by not checking everything out first, but that doesn't change the fact that the update broke my setup.

Same thing. Got halfway through, then crashed. It basically broke my setup, entirely. =(