I need a follower overhaul, which should use?

Ru5tyShackleford

UFO is not good at all, sure it's easy to use, but code wise it's not good at all.

Nonsense.

1. And so does AFT as well as EFF

2. And so does AFT and EFF...even Kuertee does it

3. It does only if you are using Mods that are conflicting...same is true for AFT and EFF

This is not an opinion, it a plain and simple fact.

No, it's a biased missinformation you've hooked up on because anybody does.

And yet I have being using it for years without any problems... Funny that the only time I had one of the problems mentioned, I wasn't using UFO, but anyway... ^^

Not trying to be mean but do you have any scripting skills? The guy above does and is trying to make a valid point. If you have check the scripts.

If what I said sounded strange in any way, I apologise, it was not my intention. I never took the time to actually compare the scripts nor am I saying its not faulty. I just pointed out that in more than 3 years of use to this date I barely had any problem and that the only time I had one of the problems mentioned, it was with one of the other two, but it's not my choice to make anyway, so...

Edited by avallanche

If what I said sounded strange in any way, I apologise, it was not my intention. I never took the time to actually compare the scripts nor am I saying its not faulty. I just pointed out that in more than 3 years of use to this date I barely had any problem and that the only time I had one of the problems mentioned, it was with one of the other two, but it's not my choice to make anyway, so...

It may be because all the mods that you use doesn't use the same source-code as UFO does. Since a lot of mods have released after that and likely UFO will have more conflicts than others. Its better to get the most recent updated one as the mod author would have taken the time to resolve conflicts or you can contact him for further support. One last request, whenever you suggest somebody don't walk them in the wrong path.

UFO is not good at all, sure it's easy to use, but code wise it's not good at all.

Nonsense.

1. And so does AFT as well as EFF

2. And so does AFT and EFF...even Kuertee does it

3. It does only if you are using Mods that are conflicting...same is true for AFT and EFF

This is not an opinion, it a plain and simple fact.

No, it's a biased missinformation you've hooked up on because anybody does.

The only misinformation is what your assuming and it's actually you that has not done any hands on research on the code at all.

The info I stated is from actually pulling the code apart, not from assuming or reading others words or assumed beliefs.

Can see you have not dissected EFF or UFO at all.

AFT I have no idea code wise as I have not dissected it.

EFF does not edit any native vanilla Dialogue Follower quest or scripts at all.

EFF is absolutely free from editing base native follower quests or scripts.

You obviously have not pulled Both UFO and EFF apart to even distinguish the code difference of methods used.

If you had you would change your opinion about UFO quite quickly.

Sure EFF could break a game just like any mod, but it's compatibility with other mods is superior by comparison to UFO code wise.

If you want to believe that editing the vanilla DialogueFollowerScript and DialogueFollower quest is a good method of creating a follower mod then that's your right.

But I do know it's not a good method at all and will cause nothing but problems once other mods are wanting to query the same quest and script functions.

Also the other various vanilla scripts UFO edits is not good either eg: hirelings etc..

UFO does nothing but butcher the vanilla base follower system to do it's task.

EFF does no such thing at all, it uses it's own versions so it does not replace or edit native scripts or quests.

If you don't believe it then do some dissecting and tell my I'm wrong about it again.

Then explain why adding aliases to the vanilla DialogueFollower quest or how good it is to restructure the vanilla functions in the vanilla DialogueFollowerScript.

Or tell me that it's good to edit the vanilla form for the follower AI Package that the vanilla alias uses.

Also explain why it's good to edit the dialogue conditions on the vanilla DialogueFavorGeneric quest.

Hell if I list all the changes UFO does to vanilla quests and scripts I'd be here all day....

Edited by sLoPpYdOtBiGhOlE