Fallout 3 and New Vegas category changes

Zaldir

A much needed change! I just started playing the Fallout games and the categories where rather messy. I search for mods looking in a specific category and this will make my life easier, so thanks!

In response to post #28991079. #29030704, #29034894 are all replies on the same post.

Thumblesteen wrote: Now, I'm not saying it was me. But, I did kind of send them a suggestion on this.

So, you know.

You're welcome, Nexus. Thumblesteen strikes again.
Shawker wrote: nuh uh i did it first, way back after I got back from my first moon landing.

To Zaldiir yay. Can we also get all the mods removed that have been removed or deleted by author taken out. This should clean up a lot also.
chaosislife wrote: What I'd like even more is if mods remained available after a modder gets booted for forum related reasons.

That would be ideal, Chaos, but I think that legally speaking, it's a bit risky. Because:

1 ) You have a modder who is probably pretty angry at you.
2 ) You don't give them any means of removing the content that they intellectually own or whatever.

That means that lawsuits and DMCA complaints are inevitable. Just my guess, though. Would be cool if they kept bans on the forum and on the mod pages separate, though. So if you act like an idiot on the forums, you're still allowed to upload files, and vice versa. Because I've noticed that social skills and modding skills are very parallel personality traits, at least, using myself as an example. So I can see how a lot of good modders get in trouble with their artistic temperaments.

In response to post #28991079. #29030704 is also a reply to the same post.

Thumblesteen wrote: Now, I'm not saying it was me. But, I did kind of send them a suggestion on this.

So, you know.

Shawker wrote: nuh uh i did it first, way back after I got back from my first moon landing.

To Zaldiir yay. Can we also get all the mods removed that have been removed or deleted by author taken out. This should clean up a lot also.

What I'd like even more is if mods remained available after a modder gets booted for forum related reasons.

Unless it's copyright theft or the authors specifically request them to be removed, I'm pretty sure they do remain on the Nexus even after the authors are gone.

If a modder is banned for the file then of course it is removed along with any others that have violated the ToS. If an author is banned they are able to request removal of their catalog of mods (and this can be done on the unban request form even if they are banned.) Otherwise they stay up as far as I am aware.

In response to post #28991079. #29030704, #29034894, #29042564 are all replies on the same post.

So, you know.

chaosislife wrote: What I'd like even more is if mods remained available after a modder gets booted for forum related reasons.
Thumblesteen wrote: That would be ideal, Chaos, but I think that legally speaking, it's a bit risky. Because:

1 ) You have a modder who is probably pretty angry at you.
2 ) You don't give them any means of removing the content that they intellectually own or whatever.

That means that lawsuits and DMCA complaints are inevitable. Just my guess, though. Would be cool if they kept bans on the forum and on the mod pages separate, though. So if you act like an idiot on the forums, you're still allowed to upload files, and vice versa. Because I've noticed that social skills and modding skills are very parallel personality traits, at least, using myself as an example. So I can see how a lot of good modders get in trouble with their artistic temperaments.

Won't happen.

Once a request for removal is requested, it's set in stone.

No place can hold a mod if the author requests it to be removed after being banned. There won't be no lawsuit, because rightfully any assets that are Bethesda are no one elses but their's. Anything that pertains to the actual modder such as custom meshes, textures etc.. that can be filed as a lawsuit, if it's been copyrighted.

No website for that matter wants to deal with lawsuits and gain a negative reputation over someone's work. So the easiest solution is to remove the work as requested.

We have always removed any mod when the author requests that it be removed. There have been cases where a modder requested that their mods be left up when they were banned. And others where they requested that ownership of their mods be transfered to someone else. If they request their mods be removed, they will be. We do not require any reason from them for removal. And will ban anyone else who reuploads their mods without their explicit permission.

• 2 weeks later...