Missing Home / Building names

Varsooth

Hello, all: Yes I have about 80 mods installed, but I don't see where any of them would do this.

In Whiterun (haven't yet checked other cities) when I go up to a door, there are white rectangles where the letters (name of the house/building) shoud be. has anyone else had this prob?

I've checked local files already, and Steam downloaded 5 files that could not be verified.

Sure would be GREAT to know what files steam replaces, wouldn't it?

Sure. I can do that. I am, however having some other issues, such as stuttering during the loading screens and also during the game. Sometimes, after a stutter, the body textures of NPC's dissapears, leaving only the hands as normal. It's weird because even the face of the women shown during the load/transition screens suffers the same malady.

I do have ENBoost, but with the ENB graphics disabled. I thought my "old" 2-gig nvidia 680 gtx card was failing, and so bought a 4-gig 960, and I'm having more probs now than before.

I might be showing my age here, but during game play I sometimes get what I'll call a horizontal raster line going from bottom of screen to the top; it happens about 8 or 10 times a minute.

I'll get back to you with the screengrab asap.

Edited by Varsooth

Here 'ya go. I have screengrabs of both problems (the three that I know of). It seems that the house name is only at one place. It even appears on the Local Map screen. Excuse the blurriness. I use Irfanview... a damn fine pic viewer and editor, but it's crap when trying to decrease the size of a pic.

Edited by Varsooth

I'll try again with the other pics. The last one failed.. I'll make anaother post. It seems that this is the only house that the missing name happens. I've included screengrabs of the location so someone might be able to tell what house it is.

Edited by Varsooth

Here's the one with the missing body mesh/texture. I use the latest version of LOOT, and check for updates every day or so. It does seem odd that MO uses it's bundled version of LOOT to do the sorting (again, always updated), yet comes up with a different load order than the stand-alone version.

Edited by Varsooth

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, all: Yes I have about 80 mods installed, but I don't see where any of them would do this.

In Whiterun (haven't yet checked other cities) when I go up to a door, there are white rectangles where the letters (name of the house/building) shoud be. has anyone else had this prob?

I've checked local files already, and Steam downloaded 5 files that could not be verified.

I've found the problem, but have no clue as to how to fix it.... other than to remove a follower I have. The problem is caused by the follower Iris, which is a follower made in Japan. I'd contact the person but I'm fairly certain he/she doesn't speak English. The building that has the missing letters is the shrine where Iris is located. Also, when I go to speak to her, her name is the same small white squares where the letters should be.

Can this be corrected in the CK, and how would one go about it?