Change hair of a standalone follower

DanilloMartins

Yeh, I changed hair and face.

Verify that either data/textures and data/meshes have the sub folders with the name of your mod.

For instance:

~Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom

If you want, you can send the file and I can test it.

Yes, I verified the folders and everything is right. Do you manage to change just the hair? Because everytime I try, her face changes to Vanilla.

I shall help you out tomorrow. I will wrap up phase 1 in my current lab. I will then work on it and at least see if I can document it for you, see if it changes for me as well.

I am assuming that you are verifying that your .esp file has been saved, is in the data directory, and is included in your loadup list.

Skyrim Loader page-click on DATA FILES, your .esp has been checked for loading and is not interfered with other mods.

Edited by Ashenfire

I successfully changed hair using vanilla characters, no mods, tested in game. So I was going to download the Toccata mod to replicate

the proecedures, but I saw it is rather 'involved'.

Do you use any of the following: UNP, UNP skinny, UNPB, UNPB-BBP, SevenBase ?

Do you use any other follower mods that might interfere?

If you do use UNP, UNP skinny, UNPB, UNPB-BBP, or SevenBase make sure they load before your mod.

Activated Toccata esp.

showing head preview causes many issues with missing .tri files.

Ignoring standard preview warnings shows the character.

changed haircolor from auburn to haircolor12blacktrue

Loaded skyrim and coc whiterundrunkenhunsmen (easy place to start when testing hirelings)

player.placeatme 05000d62

Her hair was changed from auburn to a bland charcoal grey & white

Face was okay.

The first time I used 4k UNP.

Her skin did not match her body skin.

I deleted the modified toccatta file and changed just her hair from a fresh .esp.

Installed as UNPB 4k

Her hair changed just like before, even when attempting to make it brown.

I only changed her hair but I could see the 'neckline' where her head would be severed from the body.

I don't use unpb, cbbe, etc; so they are at least responding to changes as I made them. They are not vanilla.

Edited by Ashenfire