Rig a Bucket to a Human Skeleton

ToastedBaby

If ever there was a candidate for a custom skeleton creature this would be it, the thing would only need 3 bones. Maybe 4 if you wanted to be clever and have the handle move about.

But then ToastedBaby couldn't run around as a bucket. As to the "why" of ToastedBaby's bucketphilia, we may never know.

BTW if you were to just cull a bunch of bones from a skeleton (and assuming any mesh was rigged only to the remaining bones) would the animations work normally even though the translations are for bones that aren't there. Just curious from someone with 0 knowledge of animations.

It should, when you export a rigged mesh your culling bones from the nif that aren't connected, and I have incorrectly named a bone before in a skeleton then animated the non-existent one instead without CTD.

Ok, I'm at home now.

To solve the unweighted vertices problem, select weight paint and select the bone and weight that you want, then press F to select faces, then A to select all, then shift-K to assign that value to all vertices. You might have to paint at least one vertex somewhere on the mesh but then it will assign all vertices that weight value for that bone, even the vertices that are tucked under other parts of the mesh that were missed by Blender and can't be easily reached with the paint tool.

Ok, I'm at home now.

To solve the unweighted vertices problem, select weight paint and select the bone and weight that you want, then press F to select faces, then A to select all, then shift-K to assign that value to all vertices. You might have to paint at least one vertex somewhere on the mesh but then it will assign all vertices that weight value for that bone, even the vertices that are tucked under other parts of the mesh that were missed by Blender and can't be easily reached with the paint tool.

Thanks, that definitely helped with the vertices getting painted. I found out what my final problem was, and it was that I wasn't removing the double vertices, so Blender was getting mad. Once I did that, everything works flawlessly now, and I finally have my very own bucket to follow me around! Yay!