HUD Status Bar Mod Crashing. Please help.

Jckspacy

Okay, so I recently found this nifty little mod called HUD Status Bar which I'll link down below. Now, the problem is I use OBMM to start it and it works fine, installs well. However once I turn on Oblivion itself it loads for a few moments and then crashes even before it reaches the opening menu. I have both OBSE and MenuQUE and I have made sure to update the Archive Invalidation every time and yet it still crashes. When I uninstall the mod and I try to run Oblivion, the game works fine. So it must be with this mod. How would I go about to fix this? Yes, I have other mods. However I have so many mods to list it would be ridiculous. If there are any mods that it's not compatible with can you guys tell me? And if it's not that, does anyone have an answer to fix this?

You can find the mod here:
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/34905/?

Most of time.. crashing right back to desktop usually means it's either looking for a mod that other mods are depending on but did not find, or the oblivion ini is somehow corrupted or some of the game resources are missing which causes the game to crash. It is mostly compatible unless there are any other mods that tweaks the menu files so you should look through any of the mods that might change menu or HUD elements. And read the readme that came with this mod. TNO was known to be one of the best authors in the Oblivion community so you should find the answers there. Good luck!!

It may also be a problem with the XML. A missing/corrupted XML cause an instant CTD (sometimes even before reaching the loading bar) when the game try to load that file.

If you look at the package, there are some "10" and some "11" folders. The installation require you either ignore all them, or install one "10" (basing on your UI) and one "11" (choose which compass you want). You can't install just a "10" folder but not a "11" folder and viceversa.

Maybe OBMM failed to install the mod correctly (it skipped either folders), or you use some UI but selected another UI in the mod installation.

It may also be a problem with the XML. A missing/corrupted XML cause an instant CTD (sometimes even before reaching the loading bar) when the game try to load that file.

If you look at the package, there are some "10" and some "11" folders. The installation require you either ignore all them, or install one "10" (basing on your UI) and one "11" (choose which compass you want). You can't install just a "10" folder but not a "11" folder and viceversa.

Maybe OBMM failed to install the mod correctly (it skipped either folders), or you use some UI but selected another UI in the mod installation.

Hmmm that's what I'm exactly thinking as well. The OP has to confirm it though. :smile:

It's always good to hear some info from a person with expert knowledge which I lack. :laugh:

Edited by shinobi2008