Multiple MCM Menus with EFF

redprincess79

Hi there! Firstly, I've got all the DLCs and I'm running quite a few mods- about 112. However, my only real problem is with one mod in particular, and that's EFF (Extensible Follower Framework ) by Expired. I have posted several times in the forums there, but nobody has offered me any help. I've also done some searches on the web, but it seems nobody else is having my particular issue that I could find.

My issue is that EFF will have double or sometimes triple MCM menu entries, as if it's installing itself more than once. When this has happened I get some very strange behavior from followers. Even after installing a brand new game this has continued to happen, and I'm not sure what to do to stop it. This is the only follower mod I like, so I'd really like to continue to use it.

If anyone can point me in the right direction for some help with this issue, I'd appreciate it. I am getting no help in the forum of the actual modification. :/

Go into your mod manager and see if you have more than one instance of either: XFLMain.esm or EFFCore.esm or both. If you do, delete one of them. You'll have to figure out which one you'd prefer to keep (I believe the newer versions use EFFCore). If you only have one installed, I suggest deleting what you do have and reinstalling EFF.

It also wouldn't hurt to go into your Skyrim/Data folder and verify that there is only one XFLMain/EFFCore.esm file sitting there as well; just be careful because there is likely also going to be an XFLMain.bsa or EFFCore.bsa file there too and you don't want to delete that (unless there is more than one).

Update: The strange thing about this is that even though I uninstalled, on my next brand new game I still got two copies of How to Be A Leader, which is the book that goes with the mod. WTF?! Something is lingering but I don't know where or how.

So, you started a brand new game (meaning you did the cart-ride again) without the mod installed, and the book is still there? Is the MCM menu also present? When you uninstalled, did you verify that all of the associated esm/esp files were gone from your Data folder?

EFF installs 5 files in your Data folder: EFFCore.esm, EFFCore.bsa, UIextensions.esp, UIextensions.bsa, EFFDialogue.esp. Make sure all of those are gone. I'm also assuming you're using the newest version (4.0.2)? Older versions did it a bit differently.

I uninstalled EVERYTHING- my entire data folder and just started again- including a new game. The problem is the last time this happened I had done the same thing, so I'm hoping that for some reason I magically won't. There are none of those files in my data folder or anywhere else. And yes, I was using the latest edition.