Interior Cell Vanishing

saurusmaximus

I have a crap-load of followers, so I wanted to add another load space to my home so I would have a place to put them all. I copied Jorvaskir's basement, removed most of the clutter, and added some beds, as well as adding an additional load door. Everything works fine, except I have a spot, about halfway through the space, where there appears to be a grey wall. All you can see is some of the light sources on the other side. The thing is, it doesn't affect anything as far as functionality is concerned; you can walk through the "wall" (after a brief pause), and my followers sandbox across it with no trouble. Here is a link to show what I'm talking about. I'm hoping someone here can tell me what I need to do to fix this, it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things as this isn't something I'm going to be sharing with anyone, I would just like to fix it.

TheFirstEnd is right, its definitely a room bound in there that is preventing items from rendering.

You need to open the mod responsible for this in the Creation Kit, then go to View > Show/Hide Window Check "Portals and Rooms" and figure out a way to fix that room bound, my guess is that it is missing a portal.

Not a few days ago there was another post of the exact same issue and I believe it was the exact same spot, so my guess is that you guys are using the same mod that has this incorrect room bound in it.

Room bounds prevent items from rendering and are used in large dungeons to increase your FPS, if everything in that entire dungeon would be visible to you you would lag like hell.

And then you place portals which are doors that allow you to see inside of the room bound, portals are placed on hallways or doors.

This video explains it really good imo:

Ive got room bounds inside the interior of my Tel Nalta mod as well, and I can confirm that while it blocks all items, it does keep showing lights from things like candles.

Edited by Guest

Ive got room bounds inside the interior of my Tel Nalta mod as well, and I can confirm that while it blocks all items, it does keep showing lights from things like candles.

What about if you check the light option Portal Strict for the actual light?

Just curious as the house I'm making atm is 13 small rooms in 4 stories with no loading, looking at 5 room bounds in total.

I was hoping I could use room bounds to restrict light to the room bounds.

I was only assuming the Portal Strict option would restrict light to a room bound, mainly from moving portal strict lights dynamically in game across bounds and the light is culled when you move it across the portal.

Sry sloppydotbighoie, I don't know the fine details on how the actual light sources work with room bounds, but I believe the room bounds ignore those.

Someone else in the past helped me with that by adding all these activator zones and if you step in one of those zones then certain light sources will enable while other light sources would get disabled.

He used a script on those activator zones to make it work.

I'm not a script guy and I rather avoid all that stuff, but if you really want to dive into how it works then all you have to do is download my mod and check it out, all the .psc script files are included in my .bsa file.

Though it does have one downside to it, when you first enter my interior the first few seconds it appears dark because none of the light sources activate, only a few seconds later once the script actually runs the light sources will get enabled.

If some users install more script heavy mods then this takes even longer because they got more scripts running in the background, which delays things even more.

And the only reason we decided to use this kind of system for the light sources was because my tower is build vertically on top of each other, meaning we had way too many light sources in close proximity of each other, and Skyrim objects can only handle about 5 of them and then the "shadow bug" will appear which makes objects completely dark.

So to prevent that we had to make sure that other light sources got disabled.

I reckon that if you build a normal horizontal home this wont be an issue, but the moment you start building several layers vertically on each other things become dicey.

And aside from disabling light sources through this "activator zone system" I also had to cut certain objects into several pieces in MAX3DS to prevent the shadow bug from happening on them, those objects are still one large piece in the CK, but if you check them in Nifskope you will notice many different mesh parts.

In short: Skyrim really is not build for vertical homes.

Edited by Guest