Hoping to mod Chryssalid AI

Acid81

Firstly Iv just recently started playing XCOM EW so I don't really know a great deal about the game. I do think though these Chryssalid things are way over powered as well as Zombies.

What Im asking is if anyone knows exactly how and when the AI chooses to use the Implant attack/ability and what piece of code controls this ?

AFAIK there is no logic to control this because it's the only attack that chrysallids have so they have nothing else to choose. But, you can change the chance of a chryssalid kill resulting in an egg implant. See XGUnit.OnKill, there's a parameter called iZombifyChance and it defaults to 100.

Just a tip: Chryssalids are not OP, but they are a tough enemy early game. I recommend you focus fire them, and use as many explosives as necessary. As you get more experience, you can do evil tactics like chryssalid baiting, where you stand just outside of their first move's range with an assault, whereupon you point blank shoot them with a shotgun. Another piece of useful information: as long as you dash away from a chryssalid, it cannot ever attack you, due to its movement being less than your soldier's double moves. If you have a safe zone and you are worried about people dying, just run and let a squadsight sniper blast at them from a rooftop out of their view.

Edited by Krazyguy75