What mods should one install for a no fast-travel playthrough?

HyperSlayer72

Hello, I am looking to as the title stated begin a playthrough of skyrim without using the games fast-travel mechanic. I am looking for mods that make the world of skyrim easier or more friendly to traverse and especialy quest through. Recommendations of one mod or few are completely acceptable. In vanilla if one does not wish to fast travel then you can use a carrage to... well... fast-travel for a little gold, or you can walk / ride horseback. Taking a horse is nice but can become repetitive especially due to quest structure (go somewhere far away then go back to where you started) resulting in all but the most adamant players to give in and use the fast-travel system. I would like to know if any mods have been made that lessen the stress of playing without fasttravel without completely remove the point of not using the fast travel system.

What I am looking for:
-Mods that perhaps change carriages to only take you to neighboring towns/cities instad of across the world in an instant.
-The ability to teleport to a single marked location location (good for fetch quests).
-Cross Capital transport for of course a high price (such as portals).

-Shortcuts?

Edit - I already use a quality world map with roads and point the way.

TL;DR - Read the title you book hater.

For me, controlling my Fast Travel was about understanding what was causing the urge to do it - and for me it was quest spam. I was constantly chasing quests that were scattered all over Skyrim in my Quest Log. I personally use 4 mods to control my urges to Fast Travel to begin with - which is reducing multiple quest activity.

1) Timing is Everything - Quest Delay and Timing Control. This allows me to change the defaults for when certain quests become active or are forced upon me. The fewer quests I have in my log, the less likely I am to be chasing them.

2) The Choice is Yours - Fewer Forced Quests and Improved Dialogue Controls. Again, this is about preventing quest spam, which for me was the primary reason I was bouncing all around Skyrim. Helps control NPC "drive by" quests spam.

3) Better Fast Travel. I use this to make using carriages/ships MUCH more expensive, which in turn makes me consolidate activities to do once I travel to a given region and in turn makes me stay in that region longer. In essence, if I'm travelling, I better have multiple reasons for doing so.

4) Localized Thieves Guild Jobs. When I play a Thief, I use this to consolidate my travel to one Hold when doing jobs for the Guild. That said, with the price changes I select with Better Fast Travel, just going to do the jobs puts me at a net loss even when I get my reward - so to fund my trip I have to do "side" jobs to supplement my expenses (pickpocketing, stealing, etc). End result is I have more to do in that area, so I spend more time there.

The other thing that caused me to do a bunch of Fast Travel was the dependence on a single Primary residence - since every time I went questing I usually returned to my Primary residence, which meant excessive travelling. Now, I still have a Primary residence, but I augment that with smaller residences in other regions I travel to for storage/inventory consolidation. The number of trips to the Primary residence are smaller in number now, but they are longer in time spent there, since when I go there now it is for multiple specific reasons.

I use Teleportation Spell with Menu & Mark & Recall by Griptzion, as I began playing the Elder Scrolls with Morrowind instant teleportation using magic is a familiar & comfy option for me - I use it when I need access to my main home/belongings/storage, & pretty much ride everywhere else (unless it is a really long way away & I have ridden that path already). If I haven't been somewhere I usually ride there to see what I might discover on the way, then use Better Fast Travel or Teleportation on the return trip (when I'm likely weighed down by loot :D).