What mods should one install for a no fast-travel playthrough?

HyperSlayer72

Follow Fraqar's advice regarding quest spam.

Beyond that, for me it was mostly about making manual travel more enjoyable/rewarding. First thing to do is install a good weather and lighting mod, some textures, maybe even an enb and get Skyrim looking nice and pretty. Travel goes by faster when you're caught up in breathtaking views.

Next thing is to modify challenges/annoyances so that you have more "challenge" and less "annoyance" while travelling. For an example, of a "challenge" added, I use Frostfall because it forces me to plan my trips, keep up a good travelling pace, and find some intermittent indoor activities. I also use Extended Random Encounters and a handful of easter egg mods to ensure that I continue finding new and interesting things even late into the game.
For example of an "annoyance" removed, I use Less Aggressive Animals so that bears will act like bears instead of mosquitoes and so that higher level characters can walk more than three paces before having to stop and kick a wolf in the mouth. I also use Convenient Horses to up my horses' speed to something that isn't disorientingly slow and out of sync.

As for gameplay covenience, you want General Stores. Lets you keep multiple homes without that first world problem where your stacks of gold ingots are in your other house. Also, Expanded Towns and Cities for not having to travel twenty minutes uphill both ways just to drop off your loot.

I use Teleportation Spell with Menu & Mark & Recall by Griptzion, as I began playing the Elder Scrolls with Morrowind instant teleportation using magic is a familiar & comfy option for me - I use it when I need access to my main home/belongings/storage, & pretty much ride everywhere else (unless it is a really long way away & I have ridden that path already). If I haven't been somewhere I usually ride there to see what I might discover on the way, then use Better Fast Travel or Teleportation on the return trip (when I'm likely weighed down by loot :D).

Thanks for the reccomendation I will be looking through this it looks like what I am looking for.

The group Fast Travel Anonymous has helped many players overcome their addiction to fast traveling. The first step is to admit your addiction and ask Talos for the strength to attend the weekly meetings.

While this is a mod free approach and one that relies on willpower, you can make it work. The pride in getting your one year token is worth it.

The group Fast Travel Anonymous has helped many players overcome their addiction to fast traveling. The first step is to admit your addiction and ask Talos for the strength to attend the weekly meetings.

While this is a mod free approach and one that relies on willpower, you can make it work. The pride in getting your one year token is worth it.

Talos tried to rape me so I had to fast travel away.