What causes the CTD on save bug?

nrm6387

I started getting this bug a little over a month ago (load the game, try to save, instant CTD). I google for a solution to this and all I could find was the simple method of loading an old save, saving, kill self, load bugged save on death animation, kill self, and then you're able to save again. While this seemed to work like a charm, the next time I booted up skyrim same thing happened, CTD on save. I soon learned after that I didn't have to go through that tedious process that I listed before; all I had to do was load the game, kill self each time I wanted to play skyrim. Problem is, eventually it got to a point where nothing I did would prevent the CTD and the save was lost.

In all my years of modding skyrim I have never encountered this bug before, I figured it was just some anomaly that happened when I first began this play through. So, I started anew, played for about a week, and guess what? CTD on freaking save.

That brings me here. Why exactly is this happening? I tried googling the causes of this and I can barely find anything on it. Has anyone here ever encountered this bug? If so, what did you do to prevent it? Any help would be appreciated.