updated modmanger....I think im boned

theothersider

I have been putting off installing the latest modmanager . I finally took the plunge . to use the new version , I got a pop up telling me that Mod manager needed to uninstall and reinstall my mods. so I clicked yes... everything was going fine as it uninstalled everything right at the end " Mod manger has encountered a problem and needs to close " I re opened and now in mod manager all of my mods are uninstalled....... In mod manager

It still shows in my data folder for skyrim that the mods are still there so do I turn them back on via modmanager and use loot or boss to organize them ? or has this comeptely screwwed me over ?

My mod list is massive and my character has nearly 600 hours on her.... please gawd some one tell me I can save this ?

Try this:

For those that want to revert back to the older NMM version, check out the Spoiler box here: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/896029-nexus-mod-manager-release-notes-and-download-links/

You can restore your mods in the previous NMM by doing the following:

• Uninstall currently installed NMM, remove all config files when asked
  • Install a pre-0.60.x build (in my case 0.56.1)
  • Launch 0.56.1 and go through all the setup
  • With NMM loaded to the mod list screen, click on Tools (wrench and screwdriver icon) and select Restore Backup
  • Find the file Backup_DONOTDELETE.zip located in the VirtualInstall folder and open it
  • Restoration of all your mods should commence
During the restoration process, NMM will tend to install your mods in reverse order for some reason. I suggest that you double check what they are asking to overwrite before clicking on "No to Mod". Majority of it will probably be a "No to Mod" when overwriting regardless.

I've test it out myself and seem to be able to revert back to 0.56.1. Let me know if that works out for you as well. :smile: