Bethesda goes 64bit

Lachdonin

So, the system requirements for Fallout 4 are out, and there are some long awaited changes.

PC Systems Requirements (Requires Internet Connection and Free Steam Account to Activate)

Minimum
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

That's right. 8gb RAm and a 64bit OS. We're finally in the 21st century.

*Sorry about the mis-post Mods, i literally never leave the Skyrim Forums... keep forgetting there's more to the Nexus than just TES...

Edited by Lachdonin

Well, technically 32-bit was also used in the 21st century :tongue:

Regardless, my concern is that whether or not Bethesda actually optimized their game this time. 64-bit means nothing if the game is still quite buggy. Hopefully, they don't pull an Assassin's Creed Unity on us.

Edited by ZeroKing

The Recommended is a bit steep.

Basically last generation top tier hardware.

Later

The GPU part can't be helped, but the CPU requirements are becoming crazy with the newer games these days. You need a $400 (CAD) CPU to run the game at the recommended settings? I'd reckon most people upgrade their GPU every few years, but unlikely their CPU.

The Recommended is a bit steep.

Basically last generation top tier hardware.

Later

Already priced it out. You can meet the recommended for about $1300 Canadian...Monitor and peripherals not included.

Which is considerably less than i'm used to spending on gaming desktops, and would be considerably lower for anyone who just needs to upgrade a few parts (all i'd need is a new video card, my 660 is holding me back).

lol....i have an i3 and a GTX 430..i guess no Fallout 4 for me then :sad: . I don't mind upgrading my GPU, but CPU....dang...

Graphics on all those videos does not look really that better than my copy of Skyrim with enboost and sweetfx. .

Below is Witcher 3 recommended requirements ? and that game looks waay better than fallout 4

CPU: Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz / AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz CPU Speed:

RAM: 8 GB OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)

Video Card: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770 / AMD GPU Radeon R9 290

Free Disk Space: 40 GB

Edited by Maddy21