Project Ambience official thread

MarcoArecibo

This is a placeholder for an actual proper thread I will make whenever.

In short:

Project Ambience: it will be modular addition of all sorts of fx to cities, villages and then roads, POIs.

The fx will include:

-falling leaves

-falling pine needles

-grass blades carried by wind

-falling snowflakes carried by wind (from the mountains)

-real clouds

-real mist/fog

-garbage/feathers/pieces of paper/other small and tiny objects

-falling pollen

-a proper smoke fx added to existing fires and to newly place newly modeled braziers (a la Whiterun entrance)

-animated banners (fake-moved by the wind, agan as in Skyrim)

-heat distortion fx to light sources/furnaces/maybe torches

-floating tiny specks of dust

It will be organised as such:

-Project Ambience cities, one .esp per city and a All in one version

-Project Ambience hamlets, for Aleswell, Hackdirt, Pell's gate and the like, again 1 x and all in one version

-Project Ambience roads (should make traveling by horse a lil more interesting)

-Project Ambience woods: very lightweight, should include maybe 1 fallen leaves fx or 1 pollen/seed per cell at MAX, esp. because otherwise it would take a lifetime

-Project Ambience POIs : for Ayleid Ruins and Forts

Example of a final version:

Your average city, let's say Chorrol, from southern gate:

a)one brazier at each side of the gate (next to the guards, it just makes sense) producing a continous, semi-transparent, directionally inclined stream of smoke towards the plaza

b) plaza with a piece of small paper flying around

c)1-2 feathers

d)pines losing needles as you walk past them

e) the great oak losing some leaves from time to time

f)other trees, very light fx

g)pollen+seeds, rarely, floating around town

h)some real clouds traversing the sky

i)as you make your way through the city, you notice some animated banners attached to buildings and walls

l)place-specific mist fx, at night/bad weather a subtle layer of mist could embrace the castle, graveyard and chapel

m)floating tiny dust particles fx in corners/dead spots

n)windy weather triggering grass blades flying horizontally in some places, also leaves and rubbish

o)firesources giving away a shimmer fx like in Skyrim

You can see *some* of the fx previewed in my test mods.

Will be updated with pics, details, etc. eventually

Cheers.

intriguing and I look forward to the fruition of your ideas. I must admit that I toyed with the idea of floating mist patches to augment my "atmospheres" mods, but alas time is a diminishing commodity for me...I rarely get time to load oblivion at the moment. good luck with this.

Hi, I've just installed "Anvil Proper Braziers" It looks fine except I am experiencing the "purple blobs" from the braziers it the North gate. They don't seem to occur in the dock area though.

I initially installed via NMM and then manually after doing the appropriate saves. Unfortunately, this hasn't solved the problem.

Any thoughts?

Hi, I've just installed "Anvil Proper Braziers" It looks fine except I am experiencing the "purple blobs" from the braziers it the North gate. They don't seem to occur in the dock area though.

I initially installed via NMM and then manually after doing the appropriate saves. Unfortunately, this hasn't solved the problem.

Any thoughts?

The issue was I forgot to add a duplicate texture for the particles, which are actually from my other mod "Falling Rubbish Bravil".

I uploaded an optional file on the mod page. Try now.

This reminds me.. PA will have a core .esm (or at least one single CORE mesh/texture pack, with only the .esp enabling stuff) probably, otherwise every single optional .esp would have to have its own folders and files and it'd be a nightmare to keep track of everything.

Also I got new ideas about water and about cumuli of stuff on the ground.

Sadly, since there's no progress on the animated banners and heat shimmer fx, the mod is still delayed indefinetely.

Edited by MarcoArecibo

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, the read-me (in German language) to this balloon mod by brausebart

-- "Über den Wolken - Ballone über Cyrodiil"

http://www.ei-der-zeit.com/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=5288

mentions an animated flag resource by Firespark. You can find this in

-- "Under the sign of the dragon - Tamriel Resource Pack"

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/24822/.

Brausebart says he had extended or enhanced Firespark's flag mod. I don't (yet) know either mod.

( edited away editor magic )

Edited by TesaPlus