New land for new mods

msmelero

As we all can notice, there are plenty of mods out there that add new dungeons, ruins, player homes, towns etc.

The thing is that If you install a few mods of this type you'll find yourself that there are so many new buildings scattered around Skyrim that you can't go for a stroll without bumping into a new location within a few feet away. Personally I have not read of any mods conflicting with each other because they match up in location, but i think it would be a matter of time before that happens. We need more space!

Now, i know that there are mods out there that also takes you to new lands (Falskaar, Summerset island or even Dragonborn DLC itself) but those new lands were created for a specific mod and, as far as i know, you can't create mods without specific permission of the original mod author (of course)

So, in order to have more space for new mods (and even the chance to create alternative versions of existing ones) i was thinking it would be nice to have a very big mod that adds a huge, detailed, well planned and full detailed landscape pretty much of the same size as Skyrim. This new land would be of "open access" to any modder that wants to add new dungeons, ruins, etc with no previous authorization necessary as long as they previously inform the coordinates of the new location.

You might be wondering: "But, why go to all the trouble of making such a big place if its going to be empty? Who would like to download something that still has nothing but landscape on it?" Well yes, without content it doesn't sound as exiting, does it? It would require to be a community project that would involve several modders, but think about the potential: A nexus community custom made DLC, full of new locations, towns and quests.

Skyrim is the only TES i have played, so i have no idea if using an existing province (High Rock, Hammerfell, Cyrodiil) would be lore breaking or not.

Anyway, this is my 1st suggestion ever, i just hope i wont be making a fool of myself with it

Edited by msmelero