Creation Kit I hate you!

ScrollThief84

I know I'm not the only here who has experienced the Creation Kit and its stability, or lack there of. I know I should save often because that's just a good habit to get into and I do this almost always without fail. So this is the story: Tonight I started working on my project that I've had going on and off for a while now and all is going good and progress is being made. Then... I start to loose track of time. :ohmy: ​At this point I've had a couple beer and have been working for around an hour or two, who knows, all along forgetting to save and then... BAM!!! Crash To M'F'in Desktop. :pinch: ​ It's just not fair, :down: ​lol. I actually think the Creation Kit has a bunch of evil monkeys :devil: :devil: ​ :devil: ​ running on some over sized hamster wheel, that when they feel like it, get pissed and start throwing pooh at me. Sigh... ...and a GIANT face palm. :mad:​

-end rant

Yeah happens to us all, though 1-2 hours must be painful :ohmy:

But try to remember when exactly it crashes, I personally know for a fact that whenever I have two "model data" screens open and I try to edit one, the CK will just stop working.

So every time I even go near those things I save, its just a habit at this point.

Or another way to make my CK crash is by pressing CTRL-Z a few times, then CTRL-Y a few times and then CTRL-Z some more, seriously half of the time I won't even put back some objects or it will just stop working.

So now I only use CTRL-Z, I don't even press CTRL-Y anymore.

And then there is the "out of memory" of course, if you edit things for too long or open too many screens (doesn't matter if you close them again, CK has a limit of about 300 screens for 1 session) then it will just stop opening more screens, if you ever notice that then close all screens and save immediately and restart the CK.

If you don't, then a crash will be imminent.

Try to save often and also restart the CK at least once every hour so it gets all its memory back.

Edited by Guest